Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 09:16 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yes, once again I am proud to report that Australia has another world champion :

AUSTRALIAN darts ace Tony David is a double world champion after beating all before him in a huge new competition in Holland - dubbed 'the Dutch Embassy'.

The likeable Queenslander proved his amazing display at the Embassy last January was far from a one-hit wonder when he annihilated opponent Tony O'Shea 6-0 in the final of the first ever World Darts Trophy.

O'Shea had been in blistering form all week - hitting a maximum 170 check-out - but David was as cool in Holland as he was at Frimley Green's Lakeside at the beginning of the year when he defeated Mervyn King to take the top prize.

Around 15,000 Dutch darts fanatics witnessed the breathtaking World Darts Trophy - with just about all of them praying for a home victory. Their wishes looked like coming true until Netherland's hero and two times Embassy king Raymond van Barneveld was knocked out by O'Shea in a nailbiting semi-final encounter that went 5-4 in favour of the Englishman.

Just gets you all misty eyed don't it .

Hey Donut, I thought your boys were good at this sport - a 6-blot result is quite a whipping, wouldn't you say?
Old 09-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

An obvious flame bait ozzie! but I will respond. Where do you dig these competitions up from? There must be more world darts champions than there are heavyweight boxing champions. This must rank as the IBA of darts!

He will never be the true world champion till he beats The Power. He can hide in these mickey mouse tournaments like boxers hide from Lennox Lewis!

These are the 'seeds'

Men's Singles: Seeds
No. 1 seed John Walton (Eng) (WHO?)
No. 2 seed Martin Adams (Eng) (WHO?)
No. 3 seed Mervyn King (Eng) (WHO?)
No. 4 seed Raymond Barneveld (Neth) (Vaguely recognise the name)
No. 5 seed Marko Pusa (Fin) (WHO?)
No. 6 seed Jarkko Komula (Fin) (WHO?)
No. 7 seed Andy Fordham (Eng) (WHO?)
No. 8 seed Bob Taylor (Scot) (WHO?)

Sorry Davros - you'll have to do a bit more shovelling through the detritus of world sport.

BTW Zimbabwe 40-2 off 12 chasing 299 in 48 overs. (Real Sport!)
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-18-2002, 09:46 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I would be more impressed if Australia won a footballmatch every once in a while.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:55 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL - Donut and johnny came out to play - I was wondering when I would get a nibble.

Donut - real cricket is when you play against us - I am looking forward to that (if you make it through). And as for Tony David - he is on his way to the top. I will be happy to keep you updated on his progress iver thenext couple of years .

johnny **smacks johnny** - I seen to recall that we beat Brazil and France last year - I thought that was pretty good going. I am given to understand that Brazil won some trophy or other this year .
Old 09-18-2002, 04:33 PM   #5
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I agree with jonny.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:21 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by T/-/alali:
I agree with jonny.
Thanks dude.