Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2003, 12:12 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Exclamation

I'm trying to set up a dedicated server, and can't get it to run, all the time, the way I set it up, then when it is running, I can't get into it. HELP
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Err..you'll have to give us more than that, mate [img]smile.gif[/img] . Are you using NWserver or some other program? You can't get into it or you can't see it? (make sure 'Post game to internet' is checked)? Does the server load up properly and tell you to 'Login at will'?
Old 06-29-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

using Bioware's Dedicated Server, and everything starts out looking ok, and I can see the game on the menu, after I log in, but can't join it. Server timed out message, but when I back out of NWN, the server is running, and says to log in at will
Old 06-29-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It times out almost immediately when you click on it right? Yes, this is a bug that's been happening..what version are you running..SOU?..1.30?
Old 06-30-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, just DL'd it today, from Bioware, but it says it is still running when I close out the game. It's kicking my butt, and I can't figure it out, and then, what is a read me, there isn't one.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:33 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I just tried it again, and it is still doing the same thing. What is ping, and does it need to be high or low? ping was around 45, is this the problem?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No your ping is fine. What exactly did you download from Bioware, just the 1.30 patch right?...your copy of NWserver should have already been there...no download needed. If all else fails I'd try reinstalling the whole game my friend. Save your saved games, and character files, any mods u have made and start afresh but do let me know what you downloaded first of all as we may be able to avoid a re-installation.

P.s. Just a thought, try edit some of your mod a bit with the 1.30 patch if you haven't already.

[ 06-30-2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #8
BelGarionNZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
I just tried it again, and it is still doing the same thing. What is ping, and does it need to be high or low? ping was around 45, is this the problem?
Your ping is the time in milliseconds that a signal or packet of information takes to get from one ip to another and back eg. client to server and back again. It's your connection latency (with 0 ping being no latency) and the lower the ping the better. When the ping starts getting higher you start getting lag in the game and you can time out and disconnect if it gets higher (like 1000ms [or 1 second]) and more.

[ 06-30-2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: BelGarionNZ ]
Old 06-30-2003, 07:13 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think I downloaded the whole package, for the stand alone server, as for the patch, I'm running SoU, and when i tried the updater, it said none was needed, that was like Saturday, or Sunday morning, one or the other. I wanted to have the server running, and be able to play elsewhere. But I had problems with the server client in game before, and thought that would be the fix. Pulling what's left of my hair out in Wichita.