Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 03:58 PM   #1
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First off when you level up the hp bonus is random what is a good number to expect ie if i dont get at least this i should reload and try again.
secondly in the mage school (forget what its called)i found the trap door that leads down into the area with the dead guy, the wolf, 2 blob things and three spiders and i can see other areas of the dungeon but i cant reach them, the dead mage told me to retrieve something from the lower level so how do i get in there?
Also is it possible to kill the dead warior that keeps attacking me because it keeps saying "weapon inefective"

Lastly did anyone else find that their main char got a cure light wounds special ability when they slept in there?

Thnx in advance
J-P
Ithaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:27 PM   #2
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

You can reach the other levels with ease, there are no obstructions (doors, ect.) The only thing is that sometimes it is hard to see the opening in the walls.
Xrayted82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:31 PM   #3
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master

a GOOD hp bonus would be a ten ot more, but you can settle with a 6-9,you didnt get the cure light wounds from sleeping inn there, you either reached a certain level and attainde it while in there or you reached a certain part in the game
---Phat--Assassin--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:57 PM   #4
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the replys Xrayted82 & ---Phat--Assassin---
Ithaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

The dead warrior, if you are talking about the skeletal knight at Ulcaster map, can be killed. But you are probably getting the weapon ineffective message because you are trying to hit it with non-magical weapons. Certain monsters need magical weapons to hit and i hope you have some. You are going to need magic or magical weapons in the underground section aswell.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 05:37 AM   #6
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Ithaqua:
First off when you level up the hp bonus is random what is a good number to expect ie if i dont get at least this i should reload and try again.

Lastly did anyone else find that their main char got a cure light wounds special ability when they slept in there?
J-P
You got one special ability per chapter starting from chapter 2, whatever your class is (clecric can get vampiric touch and wharever - depends on your reputation/alignment).
Zbyszek
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 10:59 AM   #7
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

I tend to go for a couple of HP below the max, ignoring CON modifiers (e.g. 8's OK for a fighter, 6 for a cleric, but I tend to go for 4 for a mage, cos they're so weedy anyway!)

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Billikins the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote