Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Question Mark

(I like the cat Choc, although Bucky is special.)

I have a three person party at Marten's Bluff and am trying to steal the statue. I have the following party:

Samurai Felpur, lev 12, was Mage for 9
Dwarf Priest, lev 12
Elf Bard, lev 12

Every time I take the idol, the Bard is chosen to disappear. I was hoping for the baby Sam, after she casts all her protections of course.

Does anyone know the criteria for who goes missing? It's not the lowest professional rank. I'll probably settle for doing without the Bard but am curious. We are still pretty weak to go into the Swamp as a duo. The Bard is a better fighter. - Zig -

And Happy Holidays to all! That includes Christmas, New Years, Kwanzaa, Chanukah, Winter Solstice and whatever else people celebrate this time of year. The Asian New Year starts around February, so not sure if it is included.

[ 12-22-2005, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 12-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Ferret Druid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought it just picked the first character on the top-left. Also, I believe you can manipulate it to take whoever you want by putting everyone else unconscious, but it's been so long I can't remember for sure if that's possible.
Ferret Druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

it strives to take your best character. If you have a Bishop, that one always goes; after that, it's usually the highest XP/level one or the one with the most potential magic, i think.
Never tried the unconscious trick.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Of course, if you kill Croc before going to get the idol, nothing happens when you black out (because he's dead and can't take anyone). However, if you consider him valuable for the stuff he sells, it's better to do the job he assigns after the kidnap.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

He's also useful for a fun little "cheat" if your game is only slightly patched:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
_
S
P
A
C
E
Return the leg to him and go kill another Brekek--endlessly--for 75K XP each time. Only games without the latest patch.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
Sinteuil
The Magister

I just picked up the idol with my duo of alchemist and bishop, and the alchemist ended up being taken. The bishop was a level behind the alchemist at the time but obviously had more spells. My guess is that level has the most to do with it. I don't think I've ever seen a bishop kidnapped, assuming I'm bringing some other character classes along.
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks, I had thought it was random up to then. I guess if the there is more than one leader tied in lev and/or XP it IS random.