Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 02:40 AM   #1
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I should have read the walk through BEFORE entering Collasium.

I have one glowstone... need two... all chests checked. Only other save game is prior to Skull /

Any ideas on how to get through the spinning room area? I have tried the chest but that usually gets one of my characters killed due to crush damage. Anyway to work something using the Portal and Teleport?

Any other places to look for a Glow?
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 09:28 AM   #2
carg
The Magister

When you use the first glowstone on the wall near the rotating room, the corridor on the opposite site will open. So you wait at the room, until the opening of the room comes by, and then run into the room. (The room is like a revolting door, but with only one opening.) Then you wait on the opposite site until the opening comes by there, and run out again. In that area you should find the second glowstone. Which should give you access to the third area.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 09:51 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While you would think that the game would provide enough Glowstones there have been enough people complaining about not finding enough to think that how many can sometimes be random (and badly random).
meow - if you still are stuck and can't find any more Glowstones - I can hack you a couple. Email me.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2001, 09:09 PM   #4
Pascha

Shame on you WYV.

Meow, try using REVERT on one of the later saves to see where that get's you - that was my last resort in the Shrine, the lift to Kerah was stuck, without REVERT I would have needed to start the game all over ......
Old 02-22-2001, 09:32 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The locations of the Glowstones are as follows:

1) Given to you by Sirellia (?) the mermaid you first meet.
2) Found in a chest in the room with a chest in the rafters. (Actually it's in the 2nd chest on the floor). This is one of the rooms you find after exiting the Library.
3) Found in a chest in the room with the broken trolley. It's down the only side shaft you can swim down; it's the last one on the left. The other shafts have water currents too strong to swim against.

All you need is 2 glowstones to activate the lock for the third tablet. Remove the first glowstone after you finish the Crab cage area and use it to open the door to the area with the Mother of Crabs, then use the other two glowstones to open and activate the locks for the third tablet. Remember to take back at least one of the glowstones to activate the exit!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 02:56 AM   #6
ostrich

I have the same problem with only 1 glowstone before the spinning room part, and i felt was too far or too lazy to reload the game for luck to find another glowstone.

Instead i tried using a chest to block the doors in the spinning room before taking out the stone from the wall.

I open the second door by placing a glowstone near the first door, and tried to stop it from closing by placing a chest in the middle of the second door. And return to the first door to take the stone out.

When i was on my way to to put the stone near the second door that was suppose to close after I took out the stone from the first door, I cant coz the second door was opening n closing so fast and too with a chest which i have placed in the middle. I couldn't even run across. So i tried searching for more chest to see if i can do anything about it. When i return, somehow due to a bug i guess the door has be "stucked" OPEN.

So i did the same to the other doors, like placeing a chest in the middle, taking out the glowstone and wander far far away and when im back, its stuck open Hope this helps .....
Old 02-24-2001, 10:59 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Shame on me nothing! And there is no shame for any of the players who have come to me asking me to replace an item that got dropped in town or lost via the weaknesses in this game.
The placement of Glowstones is semi-RANDOM and sometimes they do not get placed where players have access to them when needed. This has happened in my own game and to many other players too. REVERT DOES NOT ALWAYS SOLVE THE PROBLEM. If it saves a player a lot of grief to get a hacked Glowstone then that is a GOOD thing. The object here is for the players to HAVE fun, not frustration!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 03:43 PM   #8
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Update:

Well, I missed a chest that coincidentally had a glow stone so I did not need to use the hack from Wyv (thanks for offering though!)

Unfortunately I did not have a close Save - again, my fault - so the hack seemed the best way for me. I could not coordinate a chest placement properly.

Thanks for the tips and I will say it:

Boy did I feel dumd.

Meow
meow is offline   Reply With Quote