Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #31
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
yeah, but what about the books about raistlin, flint, tas, etc... i read those i think (the one where they meet in the tavern, and end up crossing a river and finding silvermoon, etc). i think its the first of three but im not so sure. which one is it? anybody knows the complete volumes/names?
that is "dragons of autumn twilight" 1st novel in dragonlance chronicles.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:57 AM   #32
norompanlasolas

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
yeah, but what about the books about raistlin, flint, tas, etc... i read those i think (the one where they meet in the tavern, and end up crossing a river and finding silvermoon, etc). i think its the first of three but im not so sure. which one is it? anybody knows the complete volumes/names?
that is "dragons of autumn twilight" 1st novel in dragonlance chronicles.[/QUOTE]ok, i think i got it then. first the 3 chronicles, and then the 3 legends (where raistlin is the megamunchkin). all the other ones are written later and not of the same quality.

edit: oh, i forgot. thanks philip. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-28-2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]
Old 11-28-2002, 01:17 PM   #33
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Read "Chronicles", then "Legends". From here you could go either way, future or past. I would recomend "The Meetings" sextet. These are great to realy get to know the companians. There set during the five years leading up to the gathering at the Inn. Kinda gives you a background. My personal favorite trilogy is the "Dwarven Nations" trilogy. It is Flints anscestors.
I have read 58 of the books in this saga, and wish like hell they would make a game like Baldurs Gate, set in Krynn.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:56 AM   #34
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Read "Chronicles", then "Legends". From here you could go either way, future or past. I would recomend "The Meetings" sextet. These are great to realy get to know the companians. There set during the five years leading up to the gathering at the Inn. Kinda gives you a background. My personal favorite trilogy is the "Dwarven Nations" trilogy. It is Flints anscestors.
I have read 58 of the books in this saga, and wish like hell they would make a game like Baldurs Gate, set in Krynn.
my main problem with them is when they decide to reinvent teh characters, like raistlin, his story in brothers majere is diferent from teh one originally published in the chronicles, small things like that make huge diferences to me
Old 11-29-2002, 10:34 AM   #35
philip
Galvatron

i'll get dl legends for santa claus just bought it cause my mum is afraid she would buy the wrong ones
Old 11-29-2002, 10:44 AM   #36
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
my main problem with them is when they decide to reinvent teh characters, like raistlin, his story in brothers majere is diferent from teh one originally published in the chronicles, small things like that make huge diferences to me[/QUOTE]Your right, but the differances are minor. I give it up to the writers veiw point. Thats one of the down falls of a saga with a lot of different writers.
It is still the best fantasy saga since early Pern writings.