Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #1
perlninja
Dungeon Master

This is gonna sounds really lame, but...I can't survive the fight with Bodhi in Ch3. My PC is a level 12 Fighter and my party is Yoshimo, Aerie, and Viconia (Keldorn got exploded earlier in the dungeon and I don't usually reload when that happens). My PC has -5AC, Vic and Aerie have -4, Yosh -1. The problem is that I can't survive long enough to do enough damage, even buffed with Haste, Blessing, Chant, Negative Plane Protection, and Protection From Evil. I don't remember her being this challenging and indeed there are no threads in this forum that I could find for dealing with Bodhi in Ch3. Help?
perlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Equip ONE character with ALL the AC enhancing items you have got. It should take the AC as low as -8 or -10. That should hold out MUCH longer. Also, it could be handy to cast Improved Invisibility(with full baldurdash) on that character(referred to as tank) for another -4 bonus.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Maybe if you had another melee NPC, then you'd do more damage to her.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

perlninja...maybe do some more quests leveling yourself up before getting to that point? about going into ch. 4 and your PC is a level 12 "pure" fighter (no multi, no dual?), it sounds a bit too low a level to me...it's of course doable, but I'd suggest you to level yourself up some more.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Level 12 sounds about right to me in a party of 5 going into chapter 4. Anyway, depending on what level Viconia is, she might have raise dead, so it might be a good idea to bring ol' Keldorn back for some tanking, since it would help you immensely. If you had Jaheira, I'd say use Harper's Call, but you don't, and you don't have Anomen, so... You might have to leave the dungeon and come back. The fight is possible with just those 4 people, but it takes more strategy-related thinking.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:45 PM   #6
perlninja
Dungeon Master

Well hold on here, both Viconia and Aerie have Raise Dead, but Keldorn was exploded, ie., no portrait to raise. I might have to go back and get Cernd, since when shape-changed he has an AC of -7 or better. I wondered if maybe I just need more brawn, which sounds like the case. Oh well. Thanks.
perlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 03:30 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, you could get Cernd, have him shapeshift and equip him with the Amulet of Power.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote