Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 06:12 PM   #1
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As far as I can tell, I've done everything in the upper levels including getting the bone and labyrinth keys plus accepting Adrianna's quest for the scroll. I got to G'Ezerred Ra's library, but neither key will work to get me beyond this point. I went back through the entire Castle again, and still can't find anything else to get me in to see G'E. The idea of going back to a pre-Skull Castle saved game does NOT make me excited!! I looked at the various (very helpful) walk-thrus, and it looks as though I have done everything correctly.

Any suggestions?

Tnx - ;-}
gutplumbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 06:19 PM   #2
AliCat
Drow Warrior

The bone key should take you in to see G'ezerred Ra. If you've gone past the gate, it's the room straight ahead. You shouldn't be able to get to his library/treasure vault without seeing him first.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 06:30 PM   #3
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As I enter the study, there is a door to the left which has no obvious lock. On the opposite wall is a more ornate door with a lock. I've tried both keys without success - you get the weird noise associated with trying to do something not allowed.

[This message has been edited by gutplumbr (edited 07-04-2001).]
Old 07-04-2001, 06:40 PM   #4
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Guess I'm confused, then. Where exactly are you? Are you in that circular room, might have a brazier in it? That one, if I remember correctly, neither has a lock nor can that door be opened.
Old 07-04-2001, 06:43 PM   #5
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I entered the room with the brazier, killed the thing in the chest, opened the door with the bone key, descended the stairs into the (empty) study, cleaned out the chest, and tried to open the door to G's (?) room.

[This message has been edited by gutplumbr (edited 07-04-2001).]
Old 07-04-2001, 06:54 PM   #6
AliCat
Drow Warrior

You can't get to the lich that way. Now the lovely door with the lock and the stained glass (I think) leads to another treasure chest, but you have to have a very very high level lockpicking skill to get in there without the key which you can get from Adrianna. Even so, I found the treasure to be disappointing. You should have picked up the lich key, which is a bone key, from a pedestal or table in one of the areas from the drains after you get toppled off the tipping bridge. I believe if you face the four drains with the bridge behind you that the area was to the far right. If I am still remembering correctly, the table with the lich key is past an area where jets in the walls seem to release the face of death spell (fiend magic).

Once you have this key, you have to return to the beginning of the castle, near the front door. At this point, with the front door behind you, you should have the main winglatch gate straight ahead, and rooms to left and right with coffins against the wall (the room to the right had a zillion skeletons at the beginning of your trek). Okay, head through the gate. You should have a hallway to the right that eventually leads to the tipping bridge. You should also have a stairwell going down (I think) to a locked door. This door can only be opened by the lich key, and will open to G'ezzered Ra's music chamber, where he will tell you a bunch of very long-winded stories (although not nearly as long-winded as Sebastio who put you up to all this in the first place).

I hope this helps. I apologize for any confusion, as the last time I played this particular dungeon was two months ago (I had to take a break from the game).
Old 07-04-2001, 07:01 PM   #7
gutplumbr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help. I thought the study lead to G's room, but I uress it's elsewhere. Will keep looking.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:25 PM   #8
Nastyman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey! ... Try the #3 lockpick ... It worked for me
Nastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 01:50 AM   #9
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

The study does lead to G'Ezerred Ra, but only after you have accepted his quest, found the item and returned with it. After that sequence, the one-way door will open and you will be able to go back and forth thru it.

To get to the Liche, go back to huge entrance hall. Passing through the hall, the corridor to the right lead to the drop in the pond and the four underwater routes. Instead of going to the right, there are some stairs straight down and a door that you couldn't open before. The door will now open and you can listen to the Liche.

Good Luck,
Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote