Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

To all you who warmed our hearts with your well wishes, a huge thanks.

I just got off the phone with my mother-in-law and she reports that the drs. plan to move our nephew to a regular room today. His leg is immobilized (can't cast it because it is too high and involved), and a steel rod now is pinioning the remainder of the shattered thigh bone together so it can heal (no more basketball team for him). Tests still must be done as there may be bits of bone still 'floating'. His left eye socket may be severely cracked or shattered: the drs. can't tell yet as the swelling is still so intense, but his vision and eyeball itself is intact and unimpaired (thank the goddess). There's a CAT scan scheduled for later today. He is in extreme pain and being very stubborn about taking the morphine to dull it (a family trait, stubborness [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

The other driver was released yesterday from the hospital with minor injuries. He caused the accident when he ran a stop sign on County Line Rd. gonig ninety-to-nothing (Stan broadsided him as there was no other alternative) and *received a ticket for running a stop sign*. I must say, that slap on the wrist really pisses me off, but since Stan will be ok, I don't really care.

So, I thank you for all your support and prayers. You have absolutely no idea how much they meant.

Humbly and thankfully yours.............
Old 01-25-2002, 01:04 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Good news indeed Garnet [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope he will recover quickly.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Neb ]

Old 01-25-2002, 01:06 PM   #3
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

That's great news, Garnet!
It could always be worse
And may I congratulate you on your very healthy view on the other driver..
You shouldn't care about him, 'cause it won't make things any better, as you obviuosly see.. [img]smile.gif[/img] (of course if it was me, I'd probarbly nail the sucker to the wall and throw very sharp things at him [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
I hope your son (stanley is it?) gets well soon..

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 01-25-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

That's great!
A pity about his leg, but then again it could have been a lot worse.
So, good health to him for the rest of his recovery.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:28 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Excellent news--and we'll continue to hope for the best. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm surprised that the other driver didn't receive a ticket for speeding, as well, since skid marks could have determined how fast he was going. At least, his insurance rates will be rather higher in the future. Assuming their interested, your relatives could also pursue a separate claim for emotional damage in the courts; it's worth passing along, at any rate.

Once again, give everybody our best. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2002, 03:58 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That is GREAT news, Garnet.

(Cerek does Barbarian Happy Dance)

AFA the pain medication goes, tell your nephew to USE IT - that's what it's there for. I promise you, he will not receive a sufficient dose to become addicted. I'm sure he is hooked to a PCA pump which will administer a pre-determined dose and then will not give anymore for a set period of time (usually 10 minutes).

I've had 3 major surgeries for my illness and I can tell you with absolute certainty that pain management is one of the most important aspects of healing. If he takes regular doses, the pain will not be nearly as bad and he will actually be able to quit taking it sooner.

Anyway, I'm very relieved to hear that he will be OK.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:33 PM   #7
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

That's great news, Garnet. I have been quite concerned. As Regin says, it could have been much worse. Cerek is right, also, about the low rate of addiction in "acute pain" users.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Galadria1 ]

Old 01-25-2002, 06:19 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

So glad to hear the good news Garnet!
Oh, and just a ticket for running the red light shouldn't be all the negligent driver gets. Take him to court, he caused an accident and caused an injury, he should pay not only for the medical bills, but punitive damages as well. That ticket he got will actually be good proof in a court that he was the negligent party.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-25-2002, 07:36 PM   #9
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Good one, Lady Z. Garnet, I'm sure his auto insurance carrier can tell you who to talk to.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:30 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyZ is right! Talk to the insurance company!

And thanks for the update! It sounds encouraging. Still sending those prayers, sounds like he has a lot of healing left to do! Morphine or no!

Cloudy