Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-17-2004, 01:00 AM   #141
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yep, they can be descented! This is Sadie Rose, a skunk my husband and I met on our honeymoon.

The woman holding her is a professor with animal behavior background, who has had another skunk before Sadie (they're raised special for pets and are mucho expensive!). She said both had the scent glands removed. Sadie was 10 months old in this picture.

Oh and the nice Skunk lady doesn't recommend them to everyone- they're nocturnal and VERY active!
Old 07-17-2004, 01:29 AM   #142
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

yeah, they can be descented, which is what makes me think it was someones pet, Coyote said it came up to him, sniffed him, walked around, came back and sniffed again. never showed any signs of being leary or afraid of him. but I do not want to test my theroy, leave that to the neighbors also there is this huge racoon running around, saw him a little while ago. I wouls say he came up to about the half way point on my shins. and was close to 3 feet in length from head to tip of tail. this seems to be a breeding ground for animals, foxes, woodpeckers, skunks, coons, bunnies, pretty much anything you could never want to see is here
Old 07-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #143
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
G'day one and all

You mentioned your dog being sick Attalus, which one and is it better? I hope so.

It's Skippy, the little Labrador retriever. He had hemorrhagic enterocolitis, but is getting antibiotics and is now better.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #144
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
... pretty much anything you could never want to see is here
Stormy, did you really want to leave that straight line hanging around?

I didn't think so....

Evening all... even though evening's almost over. Spent the day preparing our kitchen floor area to have hardwood floors put in next week. Seemed simple enough to start... just pull up the old stuff. 'Course, since then I've had to remove the old trim molding... then scrape the paint residue from where the trim used to be... then solidly attach the subfloor to try to prevent squeaking...

Tomorrow I get to finish attaching the subfloor and then repaint the remaining molding. Such fun...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:33 PM   #145
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hope the antibiotics are helping him, Attalus!
Old 07-18-2004, 12:06 AM   #146
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
... pretty much anything you could never want to see is here
Stormy, did you really want to leave that straight line hanging around?

I didn't think so....

Evening all... even though evening's almost over. Spent the day preparing our kitchen floor area to have hardwood floors put in next week. Seemed simple enough to start... just pull up the old stuff. 'Course, since then I've had to remove the old trim molding... then scrape the paint residue from where the trim used to be... then solidly attach the subfloor to try to prevent squeaking...

Tomorrow I get to finish attaching the subfloor and then repaint the remaining molding. Such fun...
[/QUOTE]ahhh phoey, think what you will, you know what I meant [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 01:40 AM   #147
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I know exactly what you meant, Stormy, which is why I didn't take advantage of it. I am impressed by your neighborhood zoo, though...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:48 AM   #148
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
*sigh*, I guess this is just going to be one of those nights. You know, the nights when as much as you want to, you just can't get to sleep. Believe me, I tried. I lay there and rolled around for what felt like an hour, and when I look up at my clock only 20 minutes had passed. Whatever, enough of my pity party griping. I need something to do, or read. Maybe I'll listen to some tunes. Later people.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 07-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #149
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I love weekends! [img]smile.gif[/img] Taking a quick break from doing some weeding near mom's miniature pond, and hanging birdhouses from our HUGE tree. Looks very nice! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Well, I'm gonna get back to it, have a nice day, everyone!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #150
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

New cafe everyone!