Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #1
Tasmin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just finished the game with only one true spellcaster. My hybrids really didn't contribute alot to magic. I like the portal spell (hate to travel the roads). If you have two magic users in your group, each with the portal spells, can you set up more than one portal to travel to? I ended up setting my only portal next to the Trang teleporter so I could get to several places with only a few mouse clicks.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:04 PM   #2
Annheiser
Manshoon

Yep. Each character with the spells can set up their own portals.

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Annheiser ]

Old 03-03-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
V^^^^V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, ever caster that can use the spell can have a different portal set up. I have 4 of them, with one going to the teleporter in Martens Bluff..very handy. The hard aprt is remebering who's portal is where.
V^^^^V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 05:36 PM   #4
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I was so happy my party finally hit 15th, now I have 6 portal spells and use them all, write down a list of who has which going where. My Bishop has had one for a while, now Vi, plus my ranger, monk, samurai, and valk all have them as well. And it seems you need no Air skill at all to learn and cast it, just the level and realm skill enough to learn a 5th level spell [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2002, 07:24 PM   #5
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Gimli:
And it seems you need no Air skill at all to learn and cast it, just the level and realm skill enough to learn a 5th level spell [img]smile.gif[/img]

The nice thing too, is that early on, near every time you cast the spell, you get an extra Air skill point!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 07:35 AM   #6
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

T-rang teleporter? Where in Martens Bluff is it located, been there once for the idol but didn't see any teleporter, maybe I need to do some quests first?
Old 03-04-2002, 09:15 AM   #7
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs:
T-rang teleporter? Where in Martens Bluff is it located, been there once for the idol but didn't see any teleporter, maybe I need to do some quests first?

It's behind the restricted area where you have to wade through the gunk. Other ways in are through the trapdoor from UMB (assuming you have opened it from inside prior to this) or if you are in the main LMB T'Rang area and go up the stairs to UMB past the ghosts and the arrow trap room you will find another set of stairs going down that take you to the LMB area with the t-port. There are various ways to get around the guards in the restricted area if you don't want the long trudge up and down but I'll let you figure those out yourself. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2002, 10:56 AM   #8
Gothmog Lord of the Balrogs
Dungeon Master

Restricted in what sense? WIll guards attack you? Or you just need the hand to open the doors? Will it be "unrestricted" after doing quests for them?
Old 03-04-2002, 09:47 PM   #9
Nix
The Magister

Yeah, the guards will attack you. Nothing you do will make it "unrestricted".
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, that had me peeved. Even after all the good things I'd done for Z'Ant, those guys in back stayed neutral and wouldn't let me take the shortcut.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote