Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2001, 12:43 PM   #1
show
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finally finished the game a few days ago. Now i'm not sure to play again with my juiced up players. Zenmaster( like lv.14), valkerie(lv. 14 too)maybe more..hehe, 2 assasins the rest ninjas. Or try new chararacters? Not sure. But i've been looking for a new game to play. Leaning towards Diablo II, Any thoughts or comments about this game? Or maybe Everquest..
Thanks
show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It depends on the type of game you like. Everquest is a never-ending game, from what I've heard. I've been loath to join its ranks because I've heard a lot of the lunatic fringe can be found there.

If you're looking for 1st-person perspective games like Wizards & Warriors, there's a few out there: Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption is one. A lot more are slated for later release, including Might & Magic 9, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, and Wizardry 8.

If you're looking for Infinity-Engine type games, there's the standby's of Baldur's Gate/Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2/Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale/Heart of Winter, and Planetscape/Torment.

Diablo II and its brand-new expansion are of course options...I also liked Darkstone, even though the storyline was trite, it was a great dungeon crawl.

If you're into playing "oldies", you may try some of the older Might & Magic games, or some of the Wizardry series games (including Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant, or it's souped-up version, Wizardry Gold.)

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 02:26 PM   #3
Waluin

I've had the pleasure of beta-testing Dark Age of Camelot, and I must say that it will definitely be good competition for Everquest. Plus it will have less crazies, I wager. At least initially. But hey, I play, and I'm not a crazy...

right?
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 05:58 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You are most definitely NOT crazy, Waluin! Thanks for that input. I've heard of Dark Ages of Camelot, but never tried it...may have to look in to that.

I dunno about EQ, though...that post in GD on someone selling an EQ character's armor on Ebay for $500 just about took the cake. That's taking things WAAAAY too seriously and it's no longer a game then.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote