Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 09:23 PM   #1
nkanji

I read in one of the guides that there is supposed to be a ring of wizardry near the Friendly Arm Inn at the bottom of one of the trees. I have got to the correct location but the cursor never changes to inidicate that I can pick something up. Is there something special you need to do first before you can get the ring?
Old 08-19-2001, 10:26 PM   #2
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

First of all, let me be the first one to welcome you to Ironworks! We have a great community here and I encourage you to try out the different forums that are here. Go over to General discussions and post a newbie post. The Book forum is also very good!

Now to business. If you have downloaded the patch then the Ring of Wizardry will not be there. My understanding is that the experts feel that it is too powerful an item, to give that early in the game. If you haven't downloaded the patch, then it may be that you have a later version of the game that has already incorporated the patch. Either way it isn't there. There is one to be had in Baldurs Gate, but you won't get there until Chapter 5 or so. Off the top of my head I can't think where it is located. Contact Lioness, she may be able to help you. Have a good time playing Baldurs Gate. It's one of my favorite games!!!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Sir Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 03:27 AM   #3
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It seems to have been brought back in TOTSC, another good reason to buy it .
Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:18 AM   #4
-Aragain-
Dungeon Master

I may be giving miss information but im pretty sure of my words.

Later in the the game if you explore enough to the east of the Friendly Arm Inn, a Ring of Wizardy, or more, drops off some nasty NPC casters that dont appreciate your business looking over what they are doing on some temple ruins.

Just let me tell you that they are very nasty and will smite you down quick if you dont havent at least been through chapters 1 through 3, possibly 4. All I can tell you, as to not ruining the game or anything, is to explore and look out for mysterious people or sightings that could either give you all the riches in the world, or your ultimate death.

-Aragain Leafstalker

-Aragain- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 05:16 PM   #5
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's a ring of energy. The only two rings of wizardry that I'm aware of are the FAI one (x 2555 y 3759) and the one on Sunin in the SW of BG.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:16 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

IIRC, Tales removed the easter egg ring of wizardry outside of FAI and the Tales patch put it back in.
Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 09:29 PM   #7
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Those "nasties" are the Red Wizards of Thay..
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 03:02 AM   #8
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I remember working this out once, and I think it went like this:

Release version BG: RoW included,
Patched version BG: RoW removed,
Release version SC: RoW included,
Patched version SC: Row included,

but I may be wrong.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:17 AM   #9
Fredegar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I must have gotten a wonky version of BG. I couldn't actually find the Ring of Wizardry, even with a fresh install on a different PC. Just one of those weird things, I guess.

And the other ring mentioned (from the Red Wizards) is a Ring of Energy. It shoots out a 2D6 blast of lightning, if memory serves. Not all that useful, but fun to play with nevertheless.
Fredegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 10:14 AM   #10
Bromley
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just in case you don't know, it's really difficult to find. I managed to miss it the first time I went looking for it. Even adventure-type pixel hunting skills don't help .