Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: 2010 World Cup Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
Being a septic tank these days Mems (long time no see BTW) can you rate the USA team for us. To my knowledge us Aussies have never played them and I have certainly never seen them play. Are they a genuine contender or just lucky to be making up the numbers?
They're ok - probably about the same level as us.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

If Australia can get a Win and a Draw I reckon that would be enough to get through.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Cameroun are good, but rely on their physique, fast ball rotation should get the job done. The Danes have absolutely no surprises for us, and neither do we for them, having said that, we are better on pretty much all positions unless we have an offday like against the Russians during the last EC, and Japan...well...that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Holland will advance to the next round with 9 out of 3, will beat the first opponent in the next round, and will be eliminated in the quarterfinals by Portugal. In the end Brazil will be worldchampions after defeating Germany 2-1.

Anything esle?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
Eagle eye
Elminster

Notice anything odd? New Zealand's actually there for once. I have little hope.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #15
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Mhehehehehe....I know some of my predictions are a bit...shall we call them optimistic - but alas why predict what everybody foresees as the favourites.

I seem to remember a story....

A time long long ago in a small small land in europe...they did not qualify for the european championship and only got in a week before the tournament started due to yougoslavia being thrown out of the championship due to the civil war in the country. So there came little Denmark and oh boy did we see a few favourites being mashed soundly.

Denmark - Holland will forever be the most hardfought and mentally drawing soccer match I have ever seen. 2-2 ordinary time - penalty shoot out and Schmeichel takes the shot from Van Basten.

The thing that really clinched it though - was Kim Christofte one of the veterans of the team - and not really a known player - who took the last penalty and with a one-step-kick the ball attitude just slammed it in behind the arrogant dutch goalie who kept trying to psyke out the danish players...

Awwwww...I am rambling on here...my bad
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote