Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 09:13 AM   #1
Rianna Spidersbane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am having trouble with a Ranger stronghold quest and I was wondering if anyone could help me....
Warning: spoilers may be contained in this post!
My main character is a Ranger. I cleared out the temple ruins, rescued Mazzy, defeated the Shade Lord and returned to the town triumphant. The mayor granted me Merella's cabin. Shortly afterward, the forest spirit (Mairlyn?) approached me and asked for help with the people who were cutting down the forest. Of course, I agreed to help. I went to the mayor, and he told me to go help. But when I go back to the temple area, I can't find anyone there! I have searched the entire area...nobody! I have rested, hoping that maybe they show up at a certain time...nobody! I have looked up map locations, and gone where they suggested...nobody! Am I missing a step or do I need a patch? I have already downloaded the latest BGII patch.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Rianna Spidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler....

If you travel to the South-central area of the temple ruins area, you should find what you are looking for, a small party of adventurers. Speak to the leader of the group and he will tell you that he's looking for something. That something should be located to the east in a rock or something.

I hope this is helps. Good luck.

Wilhelm
Old 06-17-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
Rianna Spidersbane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for your response....
the only problem is, I've been there. In fact, I have wandered through every square inch, and I can't find the small band of tree-killers anywhere! Is there an item I have to have with me? A time I have to be there? Or is my game just broke? Also, if I don't complete the quest (after saying that I would), what are the repercussions?
Meg
Old 06-17-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Go to the location marked 'a'.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 12:16 PM   #5
Rianna Spidersbane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you again...
I went to location "a".
I waited.
I walked around.
I rested.
Nobody.
Any other thoughts?

[ 06-17-2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Rianna Spidersbane ]
Old 06-17-2002, 01:22 PM   #6
Wilhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm sorry you weren't able to find them.

Do you think you may have encountered them at an earlier point and killed them? That may mean that you have completed the quest. Try talking to the mayor or the forest spirit and see what they have to say. If that doesn't work and you aren't able to resolve it, you will most likely lose your stronghold, at least that's what happened to me when I failed to respond quickly to a plea for help from the town.

I guess you will have to wait and see.

Good luck. I hope it works out.

Wilhelm
Old 06-17-2002, 02:00 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... not sure if this will work, but try this. Go to the cell where Mazzy was imprisoned and search for a piece of paper among the pile of rocks there( there are two cells there, it is in either one). Keep it in your inventory and go back to the location.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote