Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

I heard on NPR today that the average citizens of Pakistan and India have no clue what will happen in the event of a nuclear incident. They are not the least bit concerned about the reprecussions of a nuclear war.

Here is a link with the full story in the World News section: "India: Musharraf Speech 'Disappointing and Dangerous'" which can be played with Real Player. http://news.npr.org/

There is nothing worse than countries that are ready to wage war and not consider the consequences.

Mark
Old 05-28-2002, 06:58 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I heard on NPR today that the average citizens of Pakistan and India have no clue what will happen in the event of a nuclear incident. They are not the least bit concerned about the reprecussions of a nuclear war.

Here is a link with the full story in the World News section: "India: Musharraf Speech 'Disappointing and Dangerous'" which can be played with Real Player. http://news.npr.org/

There is nothing worse than countries that are ready to wage war and not consider the consequences.

Mark
Thats just kind of wrong. If they wage war, and they fire nukes, they could well, i'm sure you know...
Old 05-28-2002, 07:00 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Exactly! It would be very bad if this did happen, that it would be the first domino to fall, of many.

Mark
Old 05-28-2002, 07:02 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Exactly! It would be very bad if this did happen, that it would be the first domino to fall, of many.

Mark
Could you explain the Domino thing? I don't quite understand it.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:09 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sir Goloum, there is a gme where you line up dominos and push over the firs, which knocks over the second, etc. That was a cold war metaphor (now considered discredited in part) that when one country went Communist, it destabilized its neighbors, creating conditions which favored them to become Communist. It is now used as a metaphor for anything that causes a ripple effect, generally undesirable.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:11 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

What I mean is once a nation uses a nuke on another, there is a possibility that other nuclear powers may consider doing the same.

This is quite a far stretch of the imagination, but I feel that it is possible.

Nukes are meant as devices to even the playing field so that if your enemy has them they will not use them for fear of retaliation because you have them, too.

These nations don't have any regulatory commissions to guard against accidental detonation. And they have no fear..just anger. I feel a mistake could lead to a set of circumstances that would cause severe instability in the Middle East (more than now). The reprecussions could be disastrous.

I don't want to be so alarmist, but both sides have no business posessing these weapons.

Mark
Old 05-28-2002, 07:16 PM   #7
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Not to mention the death toll for years to come on innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the conflict. If they let 'em fly, they condemm, not only the people who are living there now but their children aswell, even unborn ones.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:27 PM   #8
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Look on the bright side. If they nuke each other then Sally Struthers wont be on your TV any more begging for you to send money to these "Developing Nations"(A.K.A. giant 3rd world welfare ghetto) for food and medicine. There is also the matter of India being one of the most overpopulated countries in the world , second only to China. A nuclear war could solve that pesky problem in a jiffy!! It would also ease the strain on the earths other resources like oxegen and water.I am also pretty sure a nuclear war would give them exactly what the deserve as well. Where are the peacemakers in all this nuclear testing?? If neither side wants to consider peace then both sides deserve the right to annihilate each other. Maybe the world will be better off without them. THis could be a classic example of stupidity being painfull for once. I for one am all for it. I just hope that America and the European Union keep their noses and more importantly thier troops out of it, Its none of there damn buisness anyway.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:28 PM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I heard they just test fired another one. Penis measuring contest to begin next week
Old 05-28-2002, 07:32 PM   #10
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I heard they just test fired another one. Penis measuring contest to begin next week
That's one hell of an idea. Maybe we should convince them that whoever has the largest or the smalest wins the conflict [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .