Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Does anyone else like this game?

I think the possibilities available due to the character creation system are fascinating. In fact too fascinating, I restarted the game about 30 times because I'd find myself thinking 'oooh perhaps I should have played an explosives expert' or 'a suave, smooth talking cad would be fun to play'. Suffice to say, I haven't actually finished the game yet!

The only things that annoyed me slightly, were the huge amount of trekking from location to location, and the fact that you can't rest in a dungeon. Oh and the resolution and fixed camera angle - the latter made it impossible to find stuff you'd dropped behind walls!

But overall a fun game, there doesn't seem to be a 'right' way to play it, there are so many possibilities.

Just wondered if anyone else enjoyed this one.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i bought it, but couldn't get into it. tried a couple of different charaters and none them made it very far
Old 02-14-2003, 05:49 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

bought it , instaled it, it didn't run at all.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:00 AM   #4
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I did finish it. The only thing that irked me was the same as with BG1. You reached the level cap way to early in the game. I thought it to be a nice game though. I didn't mind the traveling so much.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:16 AM   #5
Deathmage
The Magister

Awesome game. The furtherest I got to was my Gnomish Level 30+ mage, who was an only child. I boosted his Willpower up to 18 at level 1. He now has Fire, Force, Necro Black, Necro White (I think), and some other I can't remember maxed. He's in the Void...my one regret is that I didn't get to go to Tulla, because I killed Kan T'ua when I first meet him.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:15 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I have been playing Arcanum for three weeks now almost non-stop. If you want to use the experance cap remover so you can raise your experence cap to 127 just check out this link also you can a complete walk threw and a portrait set made from over 100 of your old favorites all ready in a file see site below!!!!

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/station/downloads.shtml

there are also alot of cheats at this site!
Also a new mod made by the producers of the game called Hellgate that suspose to add alot to the game can be downloaded.
Hope this helps all you Arcanum players I like the help the walkthrew gives you so you can get a better insite of the game direction.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:34 AM   #7
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Is there a site with patches available? I tried it before, but the mapping was too buggy to continue.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 02:09 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

1.0.7.4 Patch
This patch fixes a whole load of bugs, balance problems, and adds a revamped WorldED to boot! Just be sure to compile your mods into .dat files before applying this patch, as the new WorldED only reads .dat files. Be sure to read the readme included with the patch.

you can find this patch at;

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/station/downloads.shtml

its about half way down the page, this helps alot!
Old 03-09-2003, 04:18 AM   #9
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Does anyone else find that the game runs excrutiatingly slow in crowded areas such as Tarant? Even on a system far above the minimum specs I find that the game is so slow and jerky that I can't force myself to play it for more than 20 minutes at a time in such areas. A pity as the premise and atmosphere of the game is so wonderful. I simply lack the patience to wait around for slow gameplay.
So, does anyone else experience slow, jerky gameplay in Arcanum?