Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
Enedelin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a slight problem, but Im not sure if its a bug or if Ive done something wrong: I've killed the Beholder with the rod, and now I'm supposed to take it back to the Avatar, but its not there any more! amd I'm sure I didnt drop it, I used the charge it has on the beholder and thats all. Now when I go back to the avatar I can't speak to him. So what can I do?
Enedelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 03:22 PM   #2
Evan
Banned User

you have to talk to the hodded guy outside the temple then when you convince him to make a prayer to the avatar. you will then be able to return to the temple of the helm.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:15 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Enedelin:
I have a slight problem, but Im not sure if its a bug or if Ive done something wrong: I've killed the Beholder with the rod, and now I'm supposed to take it back to the Avatar, but its not there any more! amd I'm sure I didnt drop it, I used the charge it has on the beholder and thats all. Now when I go back to the avatar I can't speak to him. So what can I do?

The rod only has one charge, and when you use it it should go back into your inventory. Did you have a full inventory? It might have been dropped on the ground after you used it if this is the case.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:45 AM   #4
Enedelin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought of that possibility and searched the ground everywhere for it, but I couldn't find it. The bad thing is that the last autosave I had before this was overwritten before I realised. Is it necessary to give the rod to the avatar for completing the quest?
Enedelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:31 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Have you checked in the inventory of all your characters?

If it's still not there, I suggest using CLUAConsole to recreate this item. It's not a cheat, after all, if something accidentally lost by the code is replaced to help you finish something.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote