Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 09:58 PM   #1
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I know he made some good points, but i think i found a way to beat that berzerker/cleric.

Can we say....... Berzerker/Mage/Cleric?
That would be the Ultimate character! You could heal, have decent casting ability (and how do you dual to three classes) and have high hitpoints and berserk. use draw opon holy might to boost stats, then place elven chain (i would suggest +1 or better) and then use tensors transformation (after bezerking and equiping crom and celestial fury) YOUR UNSTOPPABLE!
Timestopping to slash your way thru kangy....... sniff....... a godly death for skullbrain......

Or just berserker/mage. You teach your magical side mostly enchantment spell schools, like chaos, greater malison, and ray of enfeeblement. Follow up with Monster summoning two, and death spell, and contignancy, and timestop (use scrolls for now, wait for tob...... TIMESTOP MANIA!) and a surprising one....... Fire shield red. This is great for melee fighters. I can remember when I was quite lichy, and when those amnsish guards were allways falling for that fire shield red...... quite useful. Use wail of the banshee, (after atleast three greater malisonings) to take low to medium enemies down. Maze, will also be your friend, as it keeps them out of your hair for a period of time. You see, after dualing to mage, you need good combos with spells. Greater malison will be oyur best friend when chaining up some devestating combos. Shape change is there for those who need more muscle (ie iron golem) An excellent deterrent for those ogres or what not is crucial, so oyu can gett em with greater malison + Imprisoment/Triple Abi/Wail Of banshee (WoB)/ Powerword: kill/Death Spell/.......... it could go on for eva. To further this strat, why not be a fighter/mage/cleric! you can gate a pitfiend, (with protection from evil on) and just watch the fun (with popping triggers with magic missles at the same time) Melee is when that elven chain come in. You equip Crom, and Flail of ages ( if the f/m/c) or just replace flail with celestial fury!
ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!!

------------------
Will the real cheesy lich stop using timestop, stop using time stop, YEAH BABY! :1diablo:

Old 06-18-2001, 10:33 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

gwhanos, cant triple class if ur human. sorry, dont think its possible. they were thinking about it, but theyd have to go back and alter EVERY item made since bg1 (i think im talking about the same thing), and thatd take forever. plus its just not an option.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-18-2001, 10:37 PM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Sorry, no tri-classing (as opposed to dual). Though you could do a Multiclass but you wouldn't get the berserker kit (but you would be missing what I said about MultiClass). Of course you could always do some big-time cheats w/ ShadowKeeper.

As for a Beserker/Mage, your missing some of the more important aspects I mentioned (healing, a lot fewer spells in a Mage class, ect.)

BTW, timestop isn't that great (I like it, but there are far more important spells). I had Nalia use it a couple of times toward the end of the game (exp. point cap removed). It was a nice way to lay-on the spells, but ultimately it wasn't that great (it would have been MUCH better if it had let all of your party work while time was stopped).

The fact of the matter is that Web will often accomplish the same thing (it works better than the Druid Entangle), but still allow your party members to move if you have freedom on them.

Oh, and I did a one-on-one (thats fighting you perverts) w/ all of my Char.s at the end of the game. I easily beat them all (even w/ Nalia utilizing timestop) EXCEPT when I had the Mages use Mirror Image & Stone Skin. (Mirror Image is just to powerful.)
Old 06-19-2001, 12:15 AM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Well for contingency, I thought contingency only worked upon yourself, I didn't think you can use contingency or chain contingency to cast offensive spells on others?
I know spell sequencers you can use for offensive spells, 2 spells level 2 or below for the regular sequencer, and 3 spells level 4 or below for the greater sequencer, thus you can throw 3 fireballs with greater, or 3 magic missiles, or 2 missile spells with the lesser.

Someone let me know if you can chain contingency damaging offensive spells like greater malison on enemies. I know you can do stoneskin, greater mantle, spell immunity, etc because that effects yourself. Of is Gwhanos just wishing he could cast greater Malison x3 on enemies.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:35 PM   #5
Graccus
Dungeon Master

Don't forget about Spell Trigger. That'll let you go up to Lvl 6. Wouldn't it be cool if they put an improved Trigger in as a lvl 10 spell in ToB? One that would let you go up to lvl 8 or so. Can you say, "Triple Abi- Dalzims"?

------------------
Windows Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.