Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 08:08 AM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

How do you kill the Lich in level 2 of the maze. I have tried just about everything, protective spells, etc. Still can't seem to kill him without someone in my party dying. Thanks.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-04-2001, 08:50 AM   #2
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I dont remember a Lich on this Level. I think there was a Vampire. No Lich though. Plese dont tell me I missed a huge section.
Old 04-04-2001, 08:52 AM   #3
Lord Shield

Yeah. I thought that was a big vampire geezer, not a lich?

Old 04-04-2001, 08:56 AM   #4
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Yes, there definitely is a lich before you get to the vampire, right before actually. I just defeated it after several tries, used a combination of magic and good ole fighting.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-04-2001, 02:56 PM   #5
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I encountered some big skeletons (cant remember name), a Greater Mummy and a Bone Golem here. No Lich. Hmm wonder if its to do with level or class ?
Old 04-04-2001, 03:01 PM   #6
ShadowUK

I certainly never found a Lich.........
hmmmmmmm

------------------
Old 04-04-2001, 03:05 PM   #7
dafan

Neiter have I only some skeletons a mummy and a bone golem than it was the vampire... no lich... that maybe depends on your level when you get there..what level do you have

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-04-2001, 03:05 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

At one time I saw a lich there. It popped up all of a sudden. Use the normal strategy and have your thief backstab the lich. If you don't have a thief, I hope you have saved 1 protection from undead scroll (I always keep a lot of these) and give it to your fighter and just whack. Otherwise, you can watch the lich cast a pitfiend, then run away and let the lich kill itself. Otherwise you can cast abi dalzims horrid wilthing if you have. Otherwise you can cast one of the three spells that removes his spell trap, and then cast breach, and whack. Otherwise you can use mace of disruption and wait a couple of blows (it will die very quickly). Otherwise....ehh, can't think of more right now...maybe I come back...

Doesn't cloudkill work?

------------------

Hmmmmmm

[This message has been edited by el_kalkylus (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 03:25 PM   #9
Mishik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It definitely depends on your level. Higher level parties get a lich there, while on my first run through I got only mummies and skeleton warriors. And el_kalkylus gave pretty complete description of main strategies, although of course there always is yet another way to kill a lich

------------------
Mishik's Place
Old 04-04-2001, 04:22 PM   #10
Lord Shield

Possible Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ah, now I get you. That explains why, if you do the Planar Sphere really early, you get no Adamantium Gollies
And I thought I'd gone