Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2003, 03:55 PM   #1
Tarlanon
Manshoon

Been play testing my mod a little bit, and I keep seeing this 'problem'. When I run the engine with the editor going (I run the engine from the in the start menu, not from the editor), it defaults to 'debug' mode (Where you can see what quests the party has, what stages they are in, etc.) which is fine, but if one of my chars gets hurt in battle :

A) They show a negative value in HP (which is o.k. I assume in debug)
b) No matter how long I rest for, their HP never come back up.

Fast forward to me running the Engine just by itself. It searches the HD for all modules, I select mine and go running happily along. Get into a fight, and my char gets knocked out in a fight. Game shows a negative value for HP, status is UNCONCIOUS. Camp and rest for a few days, and eventually the HP comes back up, but now my char is stuck in a state of perpetual unconciousness. I can't get her to wake up via resting.

I guess my question is has anyone else seen this phenomenon with resting in camp, or is it just me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-26-2003, 08:45 AM   #2
Tarlanon
Manshoon

Letter

Ack! I've got another one!! I have a quest stage event which, for the life of me, I can't get to fire. Here is what the event tree kind of looks like...

Text Statement
|
----> Text Statement
|
----> Question Yes/No
|--Normal Chain : No Event(0)
|--Yes Chain : Quest Stage
| |--Normal Chain : No Event(0)
| |--Accept Chain : No Event(0)
| |--Decline Chain : No Event(0)
|--No Chain : No Event(0)

Now, in the quest stage event, I have it set to always fire, and in the event itself I am trying to set a new quest for the party, and I have the accept box set to Automatic (No Question). For reasons I don't understand, the quest stage event doesn't get triggered. I even have the event set to Always go, and it still doesn't. The odd part is if I put another Text Statement in where the quest stage is, it get's triggered as expected. Anyone know what is going on here? The only explaination I can come up with is that the party is only allowed to have so many quests/special items in it. Right now my partys has 3. 1 Special item and two quests (which are complete). The even stranger part is that I have other event trees very similar to this one, and they work fine. Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong???
Old 06-27-2003, 12:20 PM   #3
Tarlanon
Manshoon

Yep. I am crazy. I knew I had to be..

I restarted the mod from the beginning, using the same chars and not running the engine in it's debug mode, and all seems to be well with the world again. If I had to hazard a guess, saving a game in the two modes messes something up with the samegame file. (i.e. playing and saving in debug mode, the loading that save file in non-debug mode, and combinations of that).

Well, my event works now and my char isn't in a coma, so I guess I am happy.

[img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2003, 05:26 AM   #4
subsub
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cool
[img]tongue.gif[/img]