Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
Tananda
Elminster

Some time ago there were posts about Grue Morde and his early death near gates of Valeia. Encouraged by this information my ZenMaster has given it a try (a lot of tryes actually). But the picture is still the same: ZenMaster's running to Grue Morde, shouting something like "Rightness shall prevail!" and hiting Grue with his sword - and Grue's saying "SStop thiss madnesss" and vanishing after that. No matter what I do he keeps vanishing.
I am really upset . Have turned him into stone (I would like to be sure that he'll wait for me) - and now I'm here asking for advice.
For Grue even two deaths are not enough...

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:11 PM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Tanda! It sounds like you are asking about the beginning of the game when he first ask about Gareth the elder. Is this right? I have heard of people killing him, unsure how they did it here. We can search for threads or wait to see what others say. I only know that is does not matter, Gareth still dies. If you are starting over, you probably know that you get the chance to kill him around the Brimloch Roon area when you first get to the area. I hope this is helpful, not sure what to say. Let me know please.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:12 PM   #3
Night Blade
Dungeon Master

I've never succeded in killing him the first time we crossed paths... I tried to distract him... "LOOK! A bear!"
"Where?"
And then my assassin tries to backstab him... but to no avail. If you succeded into turning him to stone, then you should be able to continue harming him with magic. Good luck! Tell us if you succede!

------------------------
We chased our pleasures here
Dug our treasures there
But can you still recall
The time we cried
Break on through to the other side
Night Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:24 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Hi, Mammawlin!
Yes, this is the very beginning of the game and I believe that there should be a possibility to kill him now even if we'll must kill him later again.
As I said, he deserved more than one death

Night Blade,
Well, Grue is not bad-looking as a stone statue I wonder who will unstone him if I just leave him there - someone should do it in order to let him appear later in the game

Thanks to both of you for the support!

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 12:38 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Tanda! Are you well past this point now or would you like to search for threads where others have managed to kill him? I totally agree that he deserves more than one death!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 03:00 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Kill him twice - Grue deserves that! lol!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 04:19 PM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

When you petrify someone they are invulnerable to weapons BUT magic can still hurt them.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 07:48 PM   #8
Tananda
Elminster

Thanks to your help, I have managed to kill that lizzord!
May be it would be more harmless for Gael Serran population to leave him there as a stone monument? Of course, if he can be ressurected he probably can be unstoned as well. But still there always is a chance to return to Valeia at the end of the game (and after killing Grue near Brimloch Roon) and to check whether his stone copy be there. Also, what do you think of the fate of Garreth if Grue is stoned?
Thank all of you for the help once again!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Old 05-31-2001, 10:34 PM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Hey I wonder, will killing him change anything? I mean, would the game take that into account? Hmmmmm..... I guess you'll find out!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 11:59 PM   #10
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've heard a bunch of us talking about killing him before.But I've never heard anyone tell the tale of pickpocketing him,if anyone has did he have some neat goodies?Also where in the gale is Gareth's house?Just wondering as I am just finishing up with black and white(shameless plug very cool game)and thinking about a second run at W&W.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.
..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 05-31-2001).]
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote