Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 07:54 PM   #1
Inquisito
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I've dona ll of Jaheira's side quest and Bohdi still won't abduct her. I really wanted the romance with Jaheira to work out and have spent a lot of time on this game. I read somewhere that if she is turned to stone and removed from the party that the romance will end. The only way to fix this is to change something in the console, does anyone know how to do that?
Old 03-09-2001, 08:05 PM   #2
Inquisito
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also can't get Terminsel (Elminster) to show up with Jaheira's amulet
Old 03-09-2001, 09:22 PM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Spoilers !
Hi !

I have also heard that if she has been removed from your party for whatever reason before the romance is decided, it will end the romance.

But want might be - not sure about that - a rather quick way to solve it, is to load a saved game in Shadowkeeper and set the "Global variable" called "JaheiraRomanceActive" back to one.

Is Terminsel really already due to show up ? In my game the Jaheira romance was caught in a repetitive loop with the same dialogue coming up over and over again
for a very long time right before that point. The reason was apparently that the next dialogue could only be triggered when cd No.4 was in - I am not running a full installation - thus when I went to an area that required that cd. Could that be your problem too ?

Good luck !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-09-2001, 09:37 PM   #4
turbovee
Elminster

I found myself caught in the same loop. Was it The dawn of a new morning speech?

If it was what area did you go to to get the romance rolling again?
Old 03-09-2001, 09:55 PM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

What a honour to answer a question of CB's leaderbossman !

Had to think awhile if it was the one, since I had to translate it back from German, but yes, I am almost certain is was that one. In think the next event/dialogue was triggered when I was back - for that purpose only - in the Something Pass map area (Great Fang Pass ?) in the south. The one to which virtually no quest is related. But I think any of the four areas in the southwestern section of the world map will do: underdark exit, the one mentioned above, the Northern Forest? and Tethyr Forest, since they all require CD No. 4.

Good luck !

------------------
So long !

Old 03-09-2001, 10:07 PM   #6
turbovee
Elminster

Thank you Ramon CB would be proud of you.

I should have stated that I have tried that before. But that's ok

That was suggested to me a long time ago before and I wanted to see if there was a new area that you had gone to trigger it. I tried to start another single game with a Jaheira romance after I installed the patch, but alas I'm too wrapped up in my multi game. I'm starting a Jaheira romance in my multi game. I guess we'll see how that turns out.

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 03-09-2001, 10:26 PM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

You did not only go there but also rested, didn't you ?

I almost certain you did, but just to make sure ...

------------------
So long !

Old 03-09-2001, 11:55 PM   #8
Lanfear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I was having trouble with it earlier today -- the morning speech loop happens right before it really gets going. Once you see that, you're pretty much home free. This romance was a bitch to get right...
Old 03-10-2001, 12:11 AM   #9
Inquisito
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler

I read in a walkthrough that it would take 9 to 90 days for terminsel to show up and since bohdi was my next quest I Needed to kill time, so I went to underdark (no spawns when you camp)and just rested repeatedly, pausing after 24 hours of rest to see if anything happened, after ninety days terminsel still didn't show up. After about 30 days I kept getting the same dialog every couple of seconds and had to zone out to stop it, I'm not sure exactly what speech it was but it was after the quest had been done. I also think that jaheira might have been turned to stone in beholder city but I'm not sure.
Old 03-10-2001, 12:16 AM   #10
Inquisito
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help everyone