Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 12:31 AM   #1
Hargon

Hello all! I'm new to thís board but not the the Forgotten Realms, having a blast playing BG2 but I have a few questions.

1. I've read about strongholds and heard that you can get the Holy Avenger if you a particular kind of character. Paladin perhaps? So I want to know, is there absolutly no way to get this sword if youre not a Paladin?

2. My main character is an elven fighter, neutral good. (nothing new here )
Jaheira
Jan
Minsc
Edwin
Keldorn

I was wondering, will Minsc and Edwin or Keldorn and Edwin start fighting each other at some point because of their differences? (Minsc hating him because of Dynaheir, and Keldorn should probably hate him because he's an Inquisitor(?)
I think Edwin is a damn good character and also very cool, so I want to keep him! Will I be able to do that with 20 rep and Minsc+Keldorn?

3. Can someone please confirm that Yoshimo will betray you? How? When?
I've also heard that at some point in chapter 5(?) he dies, is that correct? Is it impossible to get him back?

4. Is Imoen a good character? I kinda feel like I want her in my party because she is a childhood friend, her loyalty is unquestionable, and when all comes about a lovely little girl . But dualled thief/mage with crappy thief skills? Jan beats her 50 times over when it comes to efficiency.

5. Where can I find a +4 weapon and a protection from magic scroll so that I can smack the demilich silly?

Ok, that's all the questions I can remember at the moment, expect more later . Sorry if these questions have been answered alot and also if you find my english sucky.

Hargon
Lame Swede

Old 01-04-2001, 01:01 AM   #2
Zoot Ax

as i understand it, anyone can use the holy avenger but it's only a +2 or +3 for everyone but a paladin, for which it kicks arse. not sure about the other stuff, i'm only up to chapter 2!

good luck

Old 01-04-2001, 01:28 AM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi Hargon, welcome to the board,

!!!!!!!!

You will aquire the Holy Avenger when you kill Firkraag the red dragon. Only Paladins can use it though, so you can give it to Keldorn.
I haven't had Edwin and Keldorn in my party so I don't know how they will intereact. Keep them apart, Keldorn up front and Edwin should be in the back. Distance will keep Keldorn from attacking him.
With a 20 rep Edwin will probably gripe alot, but he will stay. He does owe you a years service per his promise in BG.
Keep Edwin at all costs, he is the best NPC mage in the game.
Yes Yoshimo does betray you, I wont say how and when, that will ruin it.
He will appear later in the Copper Coronet, and when he sees you he will die. The trick is, as soon as you see him, click on talk to him and ask him to rejoin your party. He may still die, but once he's back in your party you can have him ressurrected.
A better option is to let him croak and pick up Jan Jenson he's a more valuable asset and arguably the most enjoyable NPC in the game. You will love him.
I didn't take Imoen back in, by the time you get to her your other characters are much higher in levels which makes her a real handicap. I know I blew the storyline but hey, a live safe Imoen is better than a constantly dying Imoen in my book.
Actually you want protection from undead scrolls to deal with liches and I believe +3 weopons do the trick, they are rather numerous.
GL