Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 08:40 PM   #21
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

BK, I'm getting it tomorrow also. Sazerac,at CompUSA its right down the road lol

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 04-06-2001).]
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 08:43 PM   #22
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh Hurrah!!! Two soon to be players!!!

Welcome aboard BK & LOA!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 10:56 PM   #23
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you can't find it elsewhere, check Ebay. Usually there's someone who wants to sell a game out there...it may be there.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 06:55 PM   #24
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So ya, who's this Gael Seerran Guy? hehe. Is there anything I should know before starting this? Any tips, bugs, helpful hints I can get before I start?

Thanks

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Heart, Mind, and Soul
PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Dry Humor Deliverance of the Laughing Hyenas
Protectorate of DLM everywhere
Official Reader of Reeka's Signature
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
3 Man for Life
Friend to All . . .
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 07:10 PM   #25
Balgin
Elminster

ROFLOLMAO Black Knight. The Gael Serran is the name of the world in wich the adventure of Wizards and Warriors takes place. I can safely tell you (without spiling too much) is that this is might and magic on steroids (not as in super hard characters but as in challenging monsters). To simplify a point. If you're fighting one bunch of monsters then both you and them are in turn based combat (you can turn this off if you're feeling suicidal or using a one person party), but the others monsters (who you're not fighting) aren't in turn based until they attack you so you get swamped really easily.

The dark lighting in the dungeons can make for really challenging encounters but most people have enough problems hitting bats (no pressing "A" to attack the nearest monster, this is a click to attack and bats small size makes them really annoying). In fact bats just generally hold you up long enough for some really dangerous monsters to turn up. The monsters spawn randomly (rather than being replaced aprox every two years after you first enter a map site) and theirs no travel between lands. It's one big map. It has a few downfalls but buy it now. I don't normally recommend computer games to people but this one is a must!

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 07:18 PM   #26
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You mean this game that is in my beady little hands here . . . hehe. Ya, I've got about 30 more online minutes, then I'm loading this bad boy up. Is making my party pretty self explanitory, or is there anything I should know . . .

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Heart, Mind, and Soul
PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Dry Humor Deliverance of the Laughing Hyenas
Protectorate of DLM everywhere
Official Reader of Reeka's Signature
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
3 Man for Life
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 08:13 PM   #27
Balgin
Elminster

Yes, you can have fifteen characters per saved game. You can only keep six in you're party, the others stay in the pub. You can change characters at the pub (a la MM8 but they stay where you left them instead of teleporting at the speed of light to be near you). You're going to want one of each main starting class (Warrior, Wizard, Rogue and Priest) and I'd make the other two another fighter and another magic user. However Thiefs can't join any guild until about a third of the way through the game but you'll need one to deal with locked chests. And enjoy it

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 08:39 PM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ha! I got it too BK beat you to it!!!!!!!!!! I'm running the same party that Balgin just suggested lol although thats all I have, none waiting at the Inn. Should I make up a few more different race types than I already have and switch them out often at the Inn to keep them all getting experience or retain a "core group"?Also....spoiler dont look BK>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Is there anything in the cemetary after the tough skeleton? And sometimes the skulls would dissappear! Those things are income! *grin*
Old 04-07-2001, 08:44 PM   #29
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Oh yea, this is a cool game! Glad everyone talked me into getting it! I started playing around 5:30 and next thing ya know its 8 o'clock! The view is taking some getting used to but I'm catching on quick
Old 04-07-2001, 09:51 PM   #30
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

LoA and BK: Congrats! You'll be hooked in no time.

Let us know if you have any questions. That's what we're here for!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote