Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 04:10 PM   #81
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

My phone is always on silent these days, for about the past month. I don't really see the need to switch to loud since vibrate does just fine.

Anyways, how is everyone doing? Drew, you are a lucky sh1t! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well I have been playing guitar for the last 2 hours, and now I'm ready for a spot of gaming. Or a browse through IW, whatever I find more interesting.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:52 PM   #82
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just consider... she considers herself to be laid back. Imagine what it would be like if she were on edge...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:25 PM   #83
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hmm, very curious, Bungleau. Oh, and I found the most annoying thing, now that i'm in college. People who think they are smart, but... uh, aren't. lol! I can't help it, it just gets on my nerves. Maybe I was just in a humble class, or something, but no one played the "teacher's pet," or the "know it all." Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but there's something about these people that grates on my sensibilities.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:27 PM   #84
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Yes they are quite annoying...especially if it's a teacher you hate, that makes it worse since you don't actually see the point in them being "the pet"...if you get my drift lol.

Anyways, I think Im gona head for bed soon folks, I need an early night once in a while. Sleep deprivation really catches up on you!
Old 09-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #85
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I have little tolerance for the people with cell phones who leave the ringer on when in movies or classes or the hospital or any other inappropriate place.

I have kids come to my desk at work to ask a question then their phone rings and they stand there having a personal conversation right in front of my desk, keeping me from being able to get anything done til they finish. I think that's pretty rude, especially when it's just a 'hey whatcha doin tomorrow night?' kind of call not a "someone is sick and you have to go to the hospital to see them' sort of thing! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

One thing that just totally turns me off is when I'm in the ladies room and someone in the next stall who is obviously USING the facilities is also on the cell phone chatting! EEEEWWWW! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 06:04 PM   #86
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

One thing that just totally turns me off is when I'm in the ladies room and someone in the next stall who is obviously USING the facilities is also on the cell phone chatting! EEEEWWWW! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL, Galadria's ex- does that all the time. Really couth kinda guy.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:10 PM   #87
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, yah, it's not that much of a strain to wait like, what? A few minutes to talk? Sheesh! LOL
Old 09-16-2004, 07:38 PM   #88
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've had a good day today! Philosophy was interesting and I'm considering picking up Descartes Meditations for some outside reading...we've been going over them for the past two sessions and theyre really interesting [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I got a free coffee and starbucks today, hehe. The guy messed up writing my drink on the cup so had to get a new one, but didn't throw the old one a way so they ended up making two The free one is in the fridge, saving it for my mommy~

Now I get to go feed Mitch a nice fresh mouse
Old 09-16-2004, 08:15 PM   #89
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
I've had a good day today! Philosophy was interesting and I'm considering picking up Descartes Meditations for some outside reading...we've been going over them for the past two sessions and theyre really interesting [img]smile.gif[/img]

I consider Descartes next only to Montaigne as my favorite French essayists. Pascal's Pensees are interesting, too.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:22 PM   #90
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I had a great day here. I sailed with an All American from Tufts in an FJ all afternoon. I learned so much that I can't digest it all right now; I've written it down to deal with later.

We were going SO fast, it was absolutely ridiculous...