Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 09:10 PM   #51
"Hell Lich" Wah

And Finally......NUMBER 50!!!

Grab his head and stuff it down the toilet so hard and so fast - that his helm becomes lodged in the cavity of the stinking thing.

Next - Put up a big sign saying: 20 GOLD A FLUSH ANYBODY!!

And sit there collecting the treasure whilst he feeds on a face of shit-water!!!

LOL

Old 01-31-2001, 09:12 PM   #52
turbovee
Elminster

LZ - I think I've just turned this topic into my autobiography

I'm in the Navy and was a Rescue Swimmer Instructor. I am in the middle of changing duties to work with the marine mammal programs in the Navy. Yes, they get more love than you can possibly imagine! They live in open pens and are free to leave for the open ocean at anytime, but they have it so good (limitless food and attention) they leave to go play and come right back to work. I developed my love for animals when I was a small kid (aren't all kids small ) My parents got divorced when I was 2, and between remarriages and moving back and forth between my mom and dad I never lived in one state for more than 2 years at a time. I lived in Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Washington state, and California. We always seemed to live on the outskirts of the major cities and I was able to explore all of the surrounding wilderness areas. I fell in love with Nature and wildlife. I've have had every pet imaginable. My family had a cat that lived 20 years and he died when I was 14 . He was so miserable the last days of his life it broke my heart when he passed away and from that moment on I knew I wanted to be a vet. But things don't always happen the way we want. I couldn't afford to go to school so I joined the military and now 10 years later I'm still here. I got married (no kids) and had to take care of my wife while she went to school, so that put my plans on the backburner. I went to school while I was in the Navy. I still go out exploring Nature and work as a volunteer rescueing and caring for injured wildlife. I have 2 large parrots (a cockatoo and a macaw) that I absolutely adore and have decided to specialize in avian and exotic animals once I get picked up for school. Between this and the cars everyone here probably knows more about me than my neighbors do
Old 01-31-2001, 09:16 PM   #53
Malla Gabriel

Wah, did you miss the whole TORTURE IS WRONG bit?
REPENT NOW!!!!
Right, How do you do the smilely face that means sarcausm?

Old 01-31-2001, 09:16 PM   #54
turbovee
Elminster

Hell lich - thank you for making laugh after it got all serious there for while
Old 01-31-2001, 09:28 PM   #55
"Hell Lich" Wah

I repent......hehe !!!

but since the thread was labelled "50 reasons" - I just couldn't help stuffing it in, even though I didn't have a clue that was already said.

turbovee.................you have a marvellous history. Looking at how your life works makes me see much more in life than I did a while ago.

And I'm still young, there's plenty of opportunities but it's nice to hear from people that have such great experiences.

PS: I did not stuff Anomen's head in the 'lavertory', neither did I pour the horse shit dopwn his pants............it was..............NALIA!!!

(all look at Nalia in shock as she desparately tries to wipe the horse shit from her fingertips onto her Knave's Robe )

Old 01-31-2001, 09:50 PM   #56
Malla Gabriel

Oh boy, turbovee you inspired me to do somthing with my life..... don't know what yet but it will be something, perhaps joining the T.A.....

Old 01-31-2001, 09:52 PM   #57
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Turbovee - your marine mammals program sounds great, especially the part about the mammals being able to leave into the ocean if they wish. I have 4 fish tanks going, and have come to see that keeping fish in a glass tank is really an imhumane environment. But my fish mainly come from Africa (cichlids) and they are already in the pet stores, so I keep my tanks up because at least I know the fish I buy will be taken care of better than the teenagers can do at the pet store. If I had a choice, I would take the fish back to Lake Malawi and dump them in, but cannot do that so taking them in seems the lesser of two evils so to speak. I grew up with a mother that always had about 30 stray cats running about, dogs (mainly collies and Samoyeds), parokeets, chickens, doves and turkeys (outside of course). My husband and I had a go at a couple of miniature rabbits and hampsters about 8 years ago (we've been together for about 13 years, but only married 3 years ago) (no kids either between us, but I do have a son almost 18 years old from a previous abusive relationship when I was 16). When we purchased these two hampsters, one ended up being pregant and had like 9 babies. I was totally amazed at these little things! They were basically still practically fetuses, eyes still closed, but could find those green balls you feed them and pick them up in their tiny hands and eat them! I swear those green balls were bigger than their heads! These fetuses also would run on the wheel blindly! They taught me a lot about instinct. Absolultely amazing! We also have had two cats die of the feline leukemia disease. It is a horrible thing to watch your best little buddy siezing up on the floor in front of you and you cannot do anything to help except Euthinasia. Perhaps someday they will find a cure for this disease, perhaps someone like you will be in on it. Once again, I have now a great respect for you Turbovee! (ps - scotchguard carseats rock)!
Old 01-31-2001, 10:17 PM   #58
turbovee
Elminster

LZ (Ladyzekke) - I had salt water tanks going until my electric bill went up 400%!!!
Old 01-31-2001, 10:35 PM   #59
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyzekke: Don't worry too much. You started the thread in fun and not intending to offend anyone, but make a few of us laugh. As BK said, we all have different ways of viewing things, come from different walks of life, so you can't always tell how something will be received!

turbovee: God Bless! I'm an AF brat myself, dad was enlisted and did two stints in Vietnam while I was young. Scariest time of my life, getting his letters. I remember them vividly,especially when he was in DaNang, on the dmz. Bombs falling on his base all the time. A buddy died in the bunk next to him as the ceiling caved in when they got hit. Military life is rewarding in many ways, but it is also a rough one.

And being a petlover (several cats at the moment! ), Vets are HIGH on my best-loved- profession list! Best of luck in all you do.

Just my two cents worth. And I still like the zone of silence idea for our dear fictional knight! ;-0
Old 02-01-2001, 07:24 AM   #60
fighter-thief

Turbovee hey i salute you fellow military memberhey be all you can be [ha ha ha]and Cloudbringer yet again thank you !