Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 01:51 AM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

One of the signs you have been playing this game too long is how creative you get in making new parties. A strong point of the game is that you can do this! In my case I started an all cat party consisting of:

Samarai (Zephyr)
Rogue (Tempest)
Lord (Dickens)

These names happen to correspond exactly with our 3 cats! And they act like they are in the game. Mostly. The Felpur Lord is not such a great fighter at lev 5 in Mon, the other 2 are pretty good fighters so far.

Make it known if you have other ideas for a "themed" party. Just for fun, lighten up... Some people have posted them. I went for a 3-party of mage, divinity and thievery skills this time around. And catness. Not sure how well they will hold up as a good Wiz 8 party.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:07 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There was once I build a 3 felpurr and 3 rawulf characters. I was hoping that they might have a go at each other you know those cats and dogs things. nope, they just go about like any other character.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
babar
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
In my case I started an all cat party consisting of:

Samarai (Zephyr)
Rogue (Tempest)
Lord (Dickens)

These names happen to correspond exactly with our 3 cats! And they act like
Do they all get hexed when you take them scuba diving?

You could also have a "Star Trek captain stranded on a planet with an alien party"

One could be Human Kirk + Lizardman Lizardguy

or
Human Picard + whatever that guy other guy was

or
Star Wars
Human Han Solo and Mook Chewbacca
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
Satyyrn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This was not my idea, but i have seen somewhere that somebody used all Lizardmen, and had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme. Too bad you didn't add another couple cats to your group, then you could have had Thunder Cats!
Satyyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #5
Brian
Dungeon Master

Thats a great idea,I have 4 cats and each one has a different personality.I can go with a 4 party and name them after my cats and give them the attributes of their persona. BRIAN
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 11:52 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

There was at least one Lord of the Rings party discussed at this post. Andre Norton wrote a book based on a DND game she played, the title was something about a Unicorn. It would probably translate well in Wiz 8.

Babar - they don't get hexed in water AFAIK but cats sure are vulnerable to water spells. Their natural resistance is only about 10.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

oooh! i'd haveta use playdoh (one of my kitties) in that party then.

he's a water lover! he's happiest when the water in the kitchen sink is left slowly streaming, then he sits under it and bites it as it pours out. not to mention that it makes his hair all pointy in different directions, kinda like a punk cat. he also has another place he goes to to get wet at, but i won't mention it cuz of the gross-out factor. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

anyways, it's easy to find him so stealth in his case is out.... because he leaves squishy, wet footyprints everywhere he goes.

yeah! great idea!

V***V
Old 04-18-2004, 08:57 AM   #8
babar
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
There was at least one Lord of the Rings party discussed at this post. Andre Norton wrote a book based on a DND game she played, the title was something about a Unicorn. It would probably translate well in Wiz 8.

Babar - they don't get hexed in water AFAIK but cats sure are vulnerable to water spells. Their natural resistance is only about 10.
it'd kind of be a neat (?) surprise if they did ... sort of like the "special" treatment you get if you have a mook. Having no non-cats around to cajole them into going into to the water. of course they'd have to calm down (and get unhexed) after a while so whoever played the party could stop having the cat's whole lives (9 lives?) flash before his/her eyes and stop banging his/her head on the wall saying "what was I thinking?!? what was I thinking???!!)
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:32 PM   #9
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

The Andrea Norton title is "Quag Keep"
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #10
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks, Scatter. I was trying to remember but mixed it up with Year of the Unicorn, one of the Witchworld books lying around. I couldn't find the title on Amazon after about 30 min. If you type in Andre Norton on Amazon you get over 10,000 hits!!! I think she *only* wrote or contributed to a coupla 100 books or so. I think a good number of her books could be adapted to Wiz 8, many involve intelligent animal or alien races

[ 04-18-2004, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]