Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 07:39 PM   #11
skywalker
Banned User

I believe, strategically speaking, that nothing in the game is insurmountable using the right approach. True, the mantraps early in the game were tough, but as soon as you knew what to do, they were pretty easy to kill.

Actually, I take it back, any of the monsters or NPCs that we cannot damage are probably the toughest. Characters such as D'Soto's Ghost, Spirit Of Nivius, and Kerah are, are impossible to hit, mostly because D.W.Bradley made it so. I'm pretty sure if he thought that Erathsmedor, King Freyedies, Oakenmir, and even Grunaxe's Ghost were not to be killed by players, he would have made them untouchable as well.

I suppose that means they are fair game for the experience points they provide and it just makes you decide what type of group you have "gathered together" and what their morals are.

I think if you kill these "good" characters, you should you side with Lord Cet, and if you don't kill them, side with Lord Anephas.

I may be wrong, but I read somewhere at the end, you have the option to go either way.

I wonder which path I will choose?

What way will you go?

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:42 PM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Whenever I read another post from a player who has killed the dragon, or Oakenmir, or any of the rest, I wonder if they recall the oath they swore in the Heros Tombs within the Crypt. The game doesn't make you live up to the oath.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:58 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Wyvern: I think the player should, in true roleplaying style and fairness, follow the evil path if they commit evil acts.

That is why I feel if you kill these characters, that your party has succumbed to the DarkSide and should Support Lord Cet. It's the only way they should complete the game. You know hate, greed, plain evil acts just leads to Cet.

I may speculate that the creatures give good points (Oakenmir is 10,338,538 ), but that certainly doesn't mean that I condone it. I may try my hand at it to see if I can beat these super adversaries, but always reset so as not to have the deaths stand. It seems that even in a silly game, my conscience makes do right, because we all really like to be heroes (I hope). Being villainous makes feel dirty inside.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 10:57 PM   #14
Lily the Ranger

MONI - LOL! I want to try to do that trick with the transporters . . . The first group I met totally blew me away! I had read about them in a previous post and was thinking they were in the Stout Mines was so puzzled why I hadn't met any. Then in my enthusiasm to get unboogred, I stumbled upon three more . . . I retreated thru a door and up a short flight of stairs, huffing and puffing and fumbling for those spells and thinking at least they can't open doors . . . at which point the doors slid open and jack nicholson said, "HONEY, I'm home." We died in a cloud of green, surprised looks upon our little faces.
Old 01-10-2001, 11:55 PM   #15
Moni

Lily,
LOL, it was fun & scary all at the same time, wondering if I would take enough damage from the teleporters & from the lillies to be dead before I was done!
I had initially run up onto the ledge where Pris was but when they started to advance up the ramp, I got scared & ran down the other side towards the teleporter rooms...that is how the one that was stuck on the ramp when I went back got there.
: )
Old 01-11-2001, 06:19 PM   #16
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

up up up
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:01 PM   #17
Serath
Manshoon

...and away! Heh heh.

Serath
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes! RRAAAGH!!!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 12:40 AM   #18
Gefallen

Amazoni mantraps and the jungle lillies....

Those shameless rip offs from "Feed me Seymour" in the Little SHop of Horrors really got to me rough at times.

Gefallen
Old 01-28-2001, 04:58 PM   #19
Niloc

To fight the serpant priestess, i summoned undead who saw through invis. they let me kill the people around edge 1 by 1, she much easier that way
Old 01-29-2001, 12:39 AM   #20
Eidolon
Welcomed New User

what about the god damn sphynx guys.ever tried to kill him ?
amazoni mantraps are easy to kill.all you have to do is stand !!!I entered the castle,through the broken wall,then opened the gate,went after them.you know they will follow you right ? So you just have to climb back next to the lever then jums on the walls (!!!) and they will be able to do nothing.you can kill them with burn(of course you will have to wait a while,but at least you don't have to run like hell for your life.About the lillies in the boogre cavvern,what can i say.use a god damn storm on them (any kind of storm) and down they go.
Ellysia is very easy to kill at any level.you just have to see when she wants to strike (she moves her head backwards) and MOVE BACK !!!She will miss you (out of range) then you go back next to her and kick her ass !!!
Eidolon is offline   Reply With Quote