Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2001, 11:31 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I wanted to talk about what I have in my party, and provoke some suggestions here in the beginnings of our battles. Since I did not want the cheats to mess up my game, and feel like I just threw away $30, I took on a pre-programmed party. They are programmed into HoW, and separated form the beginning chars. by a + sign in front of their description. This is so you can have a level 10 char, and not a starter one. Ok,,,you guys already know that, right???
My party consists of 1. Ranger 2. Thief 3. Fighter 4. Mage 5. Cleric 6. Paladin. They all come with wonderful weaponry and armor. I had originally chose a fighter/cleric instead of the paladin, but I did not like him much, so I decided to drop him in the middle of my journeys on the isle of the dead and pick up a paladin...the only other serious choice I could make. And what did I name my Paladin??? Jerome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being level 10 and 11, I am finding it rather difficult on the isle of the dead. It takes forever to kill one oponent, and there are several at once that come a kissin'. Is anyone higher levels than that?? Should I use the cheat codes to raise myself a weee little bit????

(by the way...before I dropped off my fighter/cleric and took on the Paladin, I cleaned him of all his gear, for selling purposes...once a cheater, always a cheater, I guess)
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh.....too bad Jerome won't be able to check this board for a while....other wise I am sure this will lead to interesting CAP LOCK discussions.
As for leveling, I've discovered for single class or dual class characters, your exp cap is the eariler of a class reaching lvl 30 or total exp points to 8,000,000. The built in cheats will not work, you will just get the "Nice try cheater!!" thing poping up.
If you REALLY want to cheat and give yourself an exp boost, use the GODlike script, it is downloadable somewhere.......
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 06:34 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My two main fighters are at 12th level, a DC(dual class) F3/C11, DC F3/T14, Elf C9/R9 (I think),Elf F10/M11 (I think, dual multiclasses make me forgetfull). We're on Burial Isle now. Its tough but I've about got it cleared. I like the call for help thing, no more creeping up and just luring one guy away. Makes it tough though!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 07:01 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

Hi Larry!
My chars are my own from IWD, and they range from Level 13 to Level 16. BTW, I have a 5 member party.
Anyway, when I first picked it up, I didn't want it to be easy and thinking it would be with such high level chars, I ticked off that little tiny box called Heart of Fury.
I was whomped bigtime as soon as I set my tootsies on that island. When I realized how utterly insane I was for doing that, I went back to normal but it was still hard.
I recommend making sure ya didn't check Heart of Fury, and ifn that's cool, then go on and add a couple more levels.

**v**
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote