Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 10:14 PM   #61
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Has anyone heard the Rolf Harris take on Christmas, where Santa turns up to 'Straya with six white "boomers" (large kangaroos) instead of reindeer?

Also, why is it that in the Aussie summer, we see nuts outside in snowweather clothing, stick on beards and cushions strolling about with a bell, obviously sweating like a shower.

Could we not, in 200 years, have adapted a Santa in boardshorts? Riding on a magical surfboard driven by rednosed (sunburnt) dolphins?

Instead of coming through the chimney, he comes in through the airconditioner shaft.

Sound good?

Anyone?
What's with the baked dinners too? I mean they're nice, but all that heavy hot food...
A salad, a bevvy or two and the beach sounds good to me.
Maybe we have adapted Santa? Is he really wearing a red suit, or just running around naked and sunburnt? He certainly has the physique of a typical Aussie male...
Old 06-20-2002, 02:25 AM   #62
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

He actually looks like that in a hawaiian childrens book yorick [img]smile.gif[/img] A fat brown skinned guy in surf shorts and slippers.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:20 AM   #63
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i believe there was a man that spread the joy of the birth of jesus christ to celebrate his birthday. i believe it was a physical man that did such. to bad for him he only was able to hit the one town he lived in. he was known for his patronage in times of need hence givin the title of saint. but what i am curious about is how christmas or st nick has anything to do with god its about jesus christ. oh and to keep your kids faith in santa make sure you remove the price tag from the video game first. might think santas elves be gettin lazy so hes stoppin at the local toysrus to make due.

and of the subject abit. a 6 year old will believe anything their parents tell them regardless if the parent is abusive or not. the childs mind is set that a parent is the nuturer. therefor anything the parent says must be true. thats why parents teach children about religion so young cause the child is more apt to learn. or agree.

for me, a nonbeliever in religion. its not about presents or santa but to have friends and family come together 1 of 2 days in the year to sit down and enjoy company (thanksgiving day being the other). i dont ask for gifts or presents cause being with the ones i love is more than enough for me.