Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2000, 10:52 PM   #11
Kharv

Well, I reloaded the game and redid the Lost City. This time, I found the Gems with no problem. Everyone agrees that the first gem is obtained by talking to/pick-pocketing/killing the first mermaid...this is true. However, the second one seems to move about a fair bit. I found it in the chest hidden behind some fallen pillars in the same room that has a chest up in the rafters. Someone else said they got it from the crab cage area chest. And of course, my first time through, it wasn't in any chest!

So, the bad news is...if you have not found it...you ain't gonna. I hope you have a save from before you first entered the city, or a game editor comes out soon.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:23 PM   #12
Pentaprism
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kharv:
Well, I reloaded the game and redid the Lost City. This time, I found the Gems with no problem. Everyone agrees that the first gem is obtained by talking to/pick-pocketing/killing the first mermaid...this is true. However, the second one seems to move about a fair bit. I found it in the chest hidden behind some fallen pillars in the same room that has a chest up in the rafters. Someone else said they got it from the crab cage area chest. And of course, my first time through, it wasn't in any chest!

So, the bad news is...if you have not found it...you ain't gonna. I hope you have a save from before you first entered the city, or a game editor comes out soon.
Pentaprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 04:16 AM   #13
Radek
Red Dragon

The first glowstone is given by the mermaid. The second one is a "random treasure" in one of the chests before the rotating room. Well, there are messages warning that the second glowstone can be missing (no chest contains it), nevertheless, my experience shows that the second glowstone is always there even if I had to cast Spirit Eye sometimes and find ALL chests hidden in the shadows and behind fallen blocks of stone. The third glowstone is on your way north from the rotating room. There are exactly 3 glowstones, searching for other ones is futile. The glowstones do not survive Reset Adventures.
The rotating room: use one glowstone, go east, complete the area, return and use another glowstone, return west and retrieve the first one, back to the rotating room, go north, find the third glowstone so that you have two of them now, complete the area and retrieve at least one glowstone when returning to the room, use a glowstone, go south.
It is recommended to save the game before entering Collasium for the first time and keep the saved game until you find both glowstones before the rotating room. You cannot finish Collasium without them. If you do not find both, reload.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 11:09 AM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

In a few games Glowstones are not to be found where you need them. This happened to me in my very first game. Reloading did not solve the problem. So I figured out how to hack the game because of a lack of Glowstones!

Sometimes it is possible to remove a previously used Glowstone if that doesn't result in blocking your way to the third tablet. Sometimes you can block doors with crates or chests but this can be very frustrating. Sometimes you just have to get your game hacked.

Wyv

Hacking at the Speed of Byte!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 07:39 AM   #15
Radek
Red Dragon

Wyvern,
which game did you reload? It has to be a save made before you entered Collasium for the first time. After entering Collasium, the 2nd glowstone position seems to be fixed and subsequent reloads of a saved game made later will not work. The only thing that will work is a hex editor or a similar tool.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:59 AM   #16
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Radek - I can't be certain which games I reloaded since this was way back in October - but for me in my first game Glowstones were not where they needed to be so I figured out how to hack the game! Given all the hacks I have done since then maybe it was a very good thing indeed that I experienced that problem on my first play through. Fortunately, it is a very rare problem. Few players ever experience that difficulty.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote