Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

It seems to be down and maybe out for the count.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 08-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What kind of site is it?
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 08-21-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
What kind of site is it?
It is/was a site for the discussion and questions for 3DO games and NWC games.The company has been in chapter 11(?) for some time now. If you played Might and Magic, Heros of MM, and several baseball sims, you went there to discuss the games or ask for help.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 08-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It appears to be dead *sniff*

There goes another one...

*edit* But if you're looking for MM information, there are still sites out there. www.flamestryke.com should get you into the area, as should TELP (www.telp.org, I think).

[ 08-21-2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:01 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

Do not shed tears for those responsible for the "Army men" franchise
Old 08-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

Do not shed tears for those responsible for the "Army men" franchise [/QUOTE]I shed no tears for "Army Men" (oh glorious puddle of green plastic), but I do regret the passing of M&M. I still replay, and still enjoy...
-+-+-+
Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Why shed tears Bungleau? 3do kill off Might and Magic.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:44 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I know they've brutally attacked Might & Magic, Kakero. In fact, MM9 is still lying on the game table over there, bleeding profusely and barely breathing.

Still, I'm the eternal optimist and hope that someday, somehow, M&M will rise again to the storied wonders of MM6 (peasant game!) and WOX. I've reached a point in my gaming life where I don't have the time or interest to pick up every new game to see if I might like it; I'd rather work with a tried-and-true game that moves on, story-wise.

MM used to do that for me. Wizardry almost does, except for the early mix of sci-fi. W&W does that as well, except there's no second edition yet [img]smile.gif[/img]

So I shed a tear for M&M, a friend who may finally be dead. I shed no tears for 3do, the company who put it there, even though I've spent many a gaming hour in the 3do NWC offices. Hmmmm... I may be heading there shortly. I think I'll give Trip a little extra what-for when I get there

*edit: for those reading this last bit, I'm not going psycho on 3do. In MM6, there's a hidden dungeon which is mapped out like the NWC offices, and every developer is in there as an NPC. *

[ 08-22-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Old 08-22-2003, 10:50 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

You mean the community is gone? Well perhaps it's just amintenance but if they have solved the irghts to their games they can't very well keep the communities can they.

Anyway, 3DO killed of my MM board a long time ago. The community wasn't the same as the old MM7 board (located outside the community).
Old 08-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #10
MagiK

Since 3DO no longer exists and all the staff have been fired and the company disbanded...is it all that surprising that their website is gone?

An example of another successful game company bought by a large business that got mismanaged and ruined. All I can say is "Thanks for the memories" tro quote Bob Hope.