Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 02:29 AM   #21
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good Luck Mate! [img]smile.gif[/img] Well the thing that worried me in the first sentence was that you said you USED to know her [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway.... My favourite way of getting over that is try and out talk them ... Or really the best way is ask them niceley I guess [img]smile.gif[/img] .... most of the gal's that are around me are quite the sort that you can pretty well tell them tocalm down abit and they will stick their tounge out at ya but still they do do what ya ask..... anyway thats just my two cents [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...hmm is it even 2 cents??
Old 05-08-2002, 01:37 PM   #22
Horatio

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:

It sounds like you really just want a blow -up doll!!!
Chatting to you is always a pleasure, Aviendha.

What I am trying to say is, she may just be nervous. I am wondering if it'll pass. I haven't tried these methods yet, as she is VERY sensitive. I think I may actually have confused you with my first post. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2002, 02:32 PM   #23
Vampire

Well if you really loved her then you can just listen to her for hours just look at her with dreamy eyes. Eventually she'll say: Have u been listening to me? And give u a playful poke. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Try and involve urself in the conversation and not just listen and count the seconds.
If u find her talking truely irritating then either talk it over, distract her with ur stories... etc...
BEST of LUCK! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2002, 02:40 PM   #24
Krishach
Drow Warrior

I'd help, but I'm doomed/blessed with eternal singleness, however you wanna look at it. Heh heh.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:48 PM   #25
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Well if you really loved her then you can just listen to her for hours just look at her with dreamy eyes. Eventually she'll say: Have u been listening to me? And give u a playful poke. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Try and involve urself in the conversation and not just listen and count the seconds.
If u find her talking truely irritating then either talk it over, distract her with ur stories... etc...
Avatar mate if your going to use coloured text at least do the courtesy of chosing a readable colour and closing the font tags. Just a thought [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2002, 02:50 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Horatio, she may very well just be nervous and talk to keep from having lots of awkward quiet spells.

Azred, you devil, you I think experience is the best, if harshest, teacher!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:52 PM   #27
Horatio

I'd just like to point out, I am not impatient. But there is only so much you can take of hearing about someone's sandwich before you think kay, this is getting boring.
But I think the main thing that most people posting here have either not noticed or coudn't pick up on is that I think she is babbling. She seems very nervous, which I take as a sign that she likes me, which also means that I shouldn't end 'it'.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:40 PM   #28
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

Avatar mate if your going to use coloured text at least do the courtesy of chosing a readable colour and closing the font tags. Just a thought [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Sorry Azzy and everyone, but I put in skyblue and it came in black.
I checked it by pressing modify not sure why? If you look at QUOTE u will see taht i have put sky blue in!
Old 05-08-2002, 06:07 PM   #29
Azred
Drow Priestess

@Cloudbringer: one does one's humble best. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

@Horatio: yes, nervousness probably does indicate an attraction. You might try asking what could be done to make your time together more relaxing. *gasp* That would be like a date! [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

@Avatar: you might try removing the space between "sky" and "blue" to see if anything happens.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:06 PM   #30
mistral4543

Hmmm... 3 questions came to my mind when I read this:
1) How long have you been dating?
2) What do you do when you're dating?
3) Is there anything specific she says that bothers you?

If you're in the early stages, maybe she's just having the jitters and needs some assurance. It might help if both of you got involved in outdoor activities that required more physical exertion (so there
isn't much time or energy left to talk). Then maybe hint that it's nice to have a companionable silence

But I tend to agree with some of the others - if you're seriously bored and irritated by what she says, do a favour to yourself and her by ending it now. Just because you know she adores you is no reason to stay attached, because that in itself is not sustainable. One day - be it in 30 years or more from now - you will still break off if you're not right for each other.