Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 06:16 AM   #1
Gruenwald
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To anyone out there who knows, at the end of Shadows of Amn, who are the group of guys around the table. I have finished ToB and in no way did I see a revelation onto who this schmucks were.
Can anyone give me some insight to this?
Cheers
Gruenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:20 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I gave this a bit of thought for a while... and I finished off guessing that they must be the Bhaalspawn... though obviously Yaga-Shura wasnt there.... but the rest could have been.... My guess is that the storyline of ToB was already planned but they hadnt decided who the bhaalspawn where gonna be [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:24 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

I wondered 'bout that too a little while ago ...
The answer i got was that they are Bhaal-priests,
which seemed logical enough.
Dont know the whole thread anymore though ... but im pretty sure someone can fill you in better than i can [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just wait and see
Old 04-14-2002, 06:43 AM   #4
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I thought they were balthazar and his monk servants?
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 04:48 PM   #5
Daniel_M
Elminster

I think there the council of six you see in the cut sequence where they say "These are the prisoners from the disturbance at wukeens (sp?) prominade" and they send jon irenicus and imoen to spellhold

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No! My name is Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif, and I cannot be captured! I will throw my mighty scimitar at your head rather then suffer the indignity of prison! Hiiii Yaa!
Old 04-14-2002, 06:34 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

Nope, thats a bhaalist symbol on the table. Methinks the twisted rune had a round table with that symbol on it, but I never finished that battle first time round so i didnt get a good look.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:31 AM   #7
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_M:
[QB]I think there the council of six you see in the cut sequence where they say "These are the prisoners from the disturbance at wukeens (sp?) prominade" and they send jon irenicus and imoen to spellhold
Irenicus kills all the cowled wizards so it wouldnt be them at the end. Memnoch will come and prove me right I just know it [img]smile.gif[/img]
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 01:50 AM   #8
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

No no no, Irenicus doesn't kill all the Cowled Wizards... and I always thought that was like the Highest of the Cowled Wizards or the Council of Six. I doubt it would be the bhaalspawn, because of their forms and shapes, but it could be Balthazar, maybe. Irenicus only kills the wizards at Spellhold... if you were to go back and cause a magical disturbance, surely they'd still come after you. He doesn't touch the high officials that reside in the government quarter. If you were to actually take the symbol of Bhaal on the desk seriously though, they would be Bhaal-priests, high ones... worried about you being too powerful and getting in the way of the resurrection to come.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:05 AM   #9
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ill agree with Mr. Darkblade on this one
Old 04-15-2002, 02:45 AM   #10
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It isnt the twisted rune... for 2 reasons... shapes and sizes... and also cause that isnt their symbol [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote