Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 05:59 PM   #51
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Great thread Yorick! Love to read about your travels. What say you about that jam session?

Ramon: Interesting reading indeed.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:44 PM   #52
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Yorick: How long will you be in Germany? Where are you going next? Are you planning to walkabout the whole world? Does that mean a trip to the U.S. too?

Just curious.

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-08-2001, 08:50 PM   #53
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Bilqis,
I will never stop walking NEVER
(Ahem) though I may take long periods of time to gather the necessary provisions. :embarressed:

I leave Deutschland tomorrow to replenish my poor bank account in the Lion City of Singapore.

I´m feeling rather jovial tonight. Had a very interesting last few days and possibly need some sleep. A long flight looms.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #54
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Yorick, i hope you get to singapore safely. rest assured that libton and i are taking care of things, (with care) nearly done. the thread is absolutly fascinating! I'm being enlightened on a great deal.
Ramon, i am being educated by your writings as well, thank you.

------------------

Yea hath Cor Leonis said?
Old 03-08-2001, 11:20 PM   #55
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Have a great trip Yorick. Can hardly wait to hear about singapore!
Old 03-10-2001, 10:39 AM   #56
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Leonis when I heard you guys had "come to the party" like that I was so relieved. It was in no way expected and so was a wonderful suprise. Thank YOU so much.

Bilqis I'd love to visit the U.S. if I can I will, most assuredly. I've been invited to Poland when I get back too. The funny thing is I wrote a semi-jocular tune called "I want to live in Poland", so going there would be rather ironic.

The last couple of days in Berlin proved to be quite interesting. I ended up singing in an Acid Jazz Jam session in a popular German club for around two hours. The large crowd loved it, understood my English, and dug my improvised vocals. I had a great time, met a 60 year old percussionist from the Ivory Coast and his friend, a Jazz Trombonist from the US there. From this club we went to another and met up with some more musical types. Thankfully I now have some contacts in that fascinating city for when I go back. Music is after all the most nepotistic of industries.

Coming back to Singapore after the European late winter was an excercise in tree noticing. The green, the shades of green. Singapore has trees, junglish trees everywhere. I noticed them when I came through here before, but was assaulted by the visage this time. That and the heat.

The blend of fragrances, humidity and bustle was both familiar and welcoming to me. I will take some photos here and put them up, for it's something else. It's interesting coming from the European perspective this time. Very interesting.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-10-2001, 10:42 AM   #57
Griever
Manshoon

here goes yorick the bard! using his wit and chram wherever he goes! geez, i really wish i could do that someday!

------------------

Tifa loves her Cloud, Squall loves his Rinoa, Sephiroth... loves his sword.
Old 03-11-2001, 02:58 AM   #58
Draconia

Yorick, I am so glad that you are having such a good time on your "walkabout". I wish you all the best on the rest of your travels. I am sorry I haven't been reading this and letting you know that I think of you often and wondering where you are now. And especially thinking that I hope that you are ok and everything is working out for you. Take care my sweet brother.
P.S. I am waiting for the cd's that Moiraine was so sweet for sending. I can't wait to hear that sweet voice of yours.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-11-2001, 03:15 AM   #59
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I will never ever ever get used to 'squatty pottys'.

Toilet bowl, toilet bowl, where art thou my toilet bowl?

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-11-2001, 06:13 AM   #60
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Draconia:
Yorick, I am so glad that you are having such a good time on your "walkabout". I wish you all the best on the rest of your travels. I am sorry I haven't been reading this and letting you know that I think of you often and wondering where you are now. And especially thinking that I hope that you are ok and everything is working out for you. Take care my sweet brother.
P.S. I am waiting for the cd's that Moiraine was so sweet for sending. I can't wait to hear that sweet voice of yours.

Draconia that's sooooo sweet. Thankyou so much Yours is such a voice of encouragement.
I'm glad you seem to be feeling better too.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!