Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 10:23 AM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Bazguul

Without turing to look at her, Bazguul said..."It's all your's. Take everything you want for yourself,,,and leave the rest to the others. They will answer to me if there is a dispute in my gift to you."

Bazguul turned his steed around and marched it toward another destination.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:58 AM   #22
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

Her facial muscles visibly relax as his words sink in. Suddenly feeling foolish, she restlessly toys with the strings of her robe for a moment. Then remembering an answer is expected, she mumbles half-incoherently ~ "I'm fine with anything... no, I er... I'd like it cooked." ~ Cheeks reddening, her head tilts lower than before ~ What have I gotten myself into, with that fine speech? ~ Breathing deeply, she tries to calm her throbbing pulse down ~ Perhaps I am too soft... perhaps it is time I really thought for myself what I want in life... yet my views of life are to myopic. ~ A breeze sends a curl of her gold hair fluttering ~ All I see is Legolas and myself, somehow. ~ She begins to tense again, fighting back these troubling thoughts.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:14 AM   #23
mistral4543

Isaura

And now, the full blast of the mental assaults strikes her even as the others listen, absorbed, to the strange tale unveiled before their ears. It seems that the world has been spinning non-stop since her eyes rested on Raymond. Till then, life had been a dreary existence, the pain of losing Joy forever etched in her memory. Yet it had been uneventful, for she sought no adventure. Seeing Raymond's lustful look earlier had confirmed her worst fears ~ He's not ready to settle down to a homely life. ~ And no one could blame him ~ If I'd been cooped up in some peaceful village all my life, I'd probably want my share of excitement. ~ Yet...

It is no use... you don't want the life he seeks. Give him up.

I can't; he needs me. He loves me. It will hurt him more, for I see a strange expression on his face as he gazes upon that bedraggled lass... could she have hurt him before?

All the more reason for you to leave. For all you know, he still loves her...

Why? Why do you want me away from him? You know I care for him.

Logic, my dear. Your love blinds you to it. You will suffer to see him getting into scrapes of all kinds, totally worsened by his lack of control over his new abilities. Your heart will break a million times as he dangles between life and death. You will grow tired of trying so hard to please him. Why don't you look for someone who can give you what you want and deserve? A respectable man who offers security from the treacheries of this world...

You have a point, but it is too late. I don't know if I can bear to tear myself away from him...

You are incorrigible. Every day that you stay with this group, you will have such misgivings as now. It will be a mental drain to you. And your unhappiness will show, perhaps even affect the others. You will turn unpopular... he will eventually abandon you for a bonnier, more cheerful lady. One who suits his temperaments and whims...

No! Stop this! Cease these insults...

You have not heard the worst... you are a fallen woman. You bore a child out of wedlock, then caused her death. Do you think you will be an ideal wife? And if marriage is not your intention, why hang around with him?

No...

You see, I speak the ugly truth that you try so hard to block out. What do you say to this?

I say...

"Shut up." ~ Half-startled by the vehement whisper she has emitted unwittingly, she glances aroun to see the others' bewildered expressions. Feeling her cheeks burning, she mutters ~ "I.. I'm sorry. I need a breath of fresh air. Please excuse me."

Without waiting for anyone to respond, she jolts herself out of her seated position and sprints off, hoping no one will be able to find her...
Old 04-20-2002, 02:07 PM   #24
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (As she awaits the druid's answer ( ) her eyes wander to the boy who is tensely waiting on the side. He is familiar...Raymond! Her cheeks sting that he should see he like this, but she glances over to where Sir Blandamour is looking at her , beaming in approval. Suddenly, something shifts inside her, and she no longer cares what Raymond thinks of her, though she still is fond of him.
Old 04-20-2002, 02:54 PM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Well, I did not know when I should start this part, but since both of you have sorta set me up for it...

Raymond

Raymond wearliy looks up as he had sensed someone staring at him. It was the lady that had been conversing with TAO concerning a bat-girl, or something. Her look seemed familiar. He knew that face! But who?

Venturing forward, he attempted to push the shyness away and ask, "My lady...I am sure that I know you but from where I do not know. I am Raymond Foxer. What is your name?"
Old 04-21-2002, 11:38 PM   #26
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (smiles wanly) "I am Eliza, and you must pardon me if I do not return your courtesy of a surname, but, strange as it might sound, I have lost all memory of it. But, the story is long, and we should not burden our Druid with our chatter."
Old 04-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #27
mistral4543

Isaura

She halts after a while, panting from the exertion. Then feels her face flaming with humiliation ~ Why did I even bother to run? No one is coming after me... ~ Her lips tremble even as the unspoken reality hits her.

Raymond... he did not follow me...

The slap across her face is particularly stinging, in view of her current predicament ~ He could be too weak to come after me... yet that is perhaps a feeble excuse I provide for him. ~ Stifling a sob of irritation, she crouches close to the ground, burying her head in her lap.

Please... if there is something I must do... show me a sign.

[ 04-22-2002, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 04-22-2002, 01:29 AM   #28
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

GALADRIA (seeing Isaura crouching in the grass) "Oh, dear, come out and meet us all, we're not so terrible." (hugs her)
Old 04-22-2002, 03:46 AM   #29
mistral4543

Isaura

Her frame shivers slightly, then relaxes at the touch of Galadria's reassuring hug ~ "Tell me, dear lady, how it is that you manage to remain so self-assured and peaceful? But then..." ~ Speaking cautiously now, she whispers ~ "... is it because you have no troubling matters of the heart?" ~ Shakes her head resignedly ~ "I've had no end of worry since the day I met Raymond." ~ Here, her head lowers ~ "It is not his fault. It is mine... and I know not how to proceed."

The light in her eyes flashes erratically ~ "I know I am not making much sense the way I ramble on, but I am so... unhappy." ~ Her voice fades into silence as she views the heroically beautiful warrior.

[ 04-22-2002, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 04-22-2002, 09:13 AM   #30
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

"Well, in that case we'll need a fire. You know how to start one? I'll go gather some wood."

Normally, he'd build it himself. But the elf had made his desicion, and now he would see to it Sorsha would get to do more things, without someone watching all the time, standing ready to lend a hand. Even if he had to take one small step at a time, he would get her the confidence she needed, so she would one day wake up and take over the kingdom. He thought it to be the best option. The people needed a capable queen. The position would help her discover the extent of her abilities.
It would be best for hiim as well. He feared what would happen if he allowed himself to love her, truely love her.
And yet, he did not want to leave her either.

He finally stood and started collecting firewood.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Closed Thread