Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 05:49 PM   #141
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA(She blushes and wonders what Britomart would think of her former slave wearing her old armor. She decides that it would be a good joke on her former mistress if she killed her wearing her old chainmail.) "My Lord, I would have him paint an uprooted tree noir on a field argent, for that is what I fear that I am."
Old 05-04-2002, 07:14 PM   #142
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Raymond

Sitting in the tavern, watching Lady TAO and Addison converse over who knows what was rather tiring. In fact, Raymond had already been nodding off from time to time. He kept thinking of Isaura, and what had made her leave the party. Was it truely his fault? Did she get run off by somebody? He sat there and brooded, then glanced over to TAO, wondering if she could read minds. Hopefully not.

What were they waiting around here for? If the army returned...well,,,would they not be killed?

Bazguul'tek

The army was nearing home. They had but one more hour of travelling to go. The children had stopped crying, as it appeared not tears were left to fall. They now had an earie silence about them...as though the little ones had already accepted their terrible fate.

Bazguul had been planning all this time. Surely the word had been spread of his doings this day. One cannot expect to destory two towns, and keep it secret. Who would they send, and what would be their abilities, he was wondering. How would they all shrink in fear when the amulet was put into use! Bazguul thumbed at his prize. The wizard trapped inside had been very helpful indeed today. For it was his essence and thoughts that fueled the amulet to the extent shown today.
Old 05-04-2002, 10:50 PM   #143
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

ELIZA (She lies awake in the spare room assigned to her. The building is overflowing with Paladins, Esquires, and Men-at-Arms gathered to combat the demon-led army. The forges ring with the sounds of hammers upon anvils, and the shadows dance at the flaring lights that come erratically through her windows, red, orange, yellow, and the occasional blue and purple. Men and women shout, laugh, and mutter. She is full of fear for herself and for Blandamour, so she tosses and turns, her sweat dampening the rough linen. I would not die again, she tells herself, for Hell is waiting for me. But, Sir Blandamour, so brave and selfless, what if he were killed and I fled, safe? Would not Heaven itself feel its gorge rise? Nay, I must hope, for only that way Salvation lies. Something must have had a shred of pity for me, or I would not have gotten this second chance. I must be brave and resolute, and prove myself worthy of ...whatever's...regard. Somewhat comforted by that, she drowses off, and sleeps soundly.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:46 AM   #144
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (He leans over a table, studying a map, surrounded by stern-faced men, his comrades and respected leaders. He tries to concentrate on spies' reports and troop movements, but his mind keeps drifting back to Eliza, and how trim she looked in her armor, how rosy her cheeks had become lately, and how much beter her hair looked, since she had fixed it up.)
Old 05-05-2002, 08:02 PM   #145
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> This is really getting absorbing [img]graemlins/evilhaha.gif[/img] I can't wait to see what happens next!!

[ 05-05-2002, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-05-2002, 09:25 PM   #146
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

OOC>> Thanks a lot, Mistral. [img]smile.gif[/img] IC>>
ELIZA (The next morning, she is awakened by a bustle all around her. She quickly dons her chainmail, buckles on a sword belt, and puts her short sword into it. At first, Blandamour had wanted to get her a new weapon, but she had stubbornly insisted on keeping this one. Blandamour had finally examined it, and told her that she had done right, that it was an ancient blade that seemed to attuned itself to her. She still felt warm at the memory of how her stubbornness, of which she had been a little ashamed, had proven to be sound judgement, confirmed by her superior. She pulls a silk jupon over the armor, in Blandamour's colors, argent and azure, and puts a light helmet over her newly shorn red locks. There is no mirror, so that she cannot judge the effect. She blushes to think that the thought should have come unbidden into her head. She rushes to Blandamour's room to find him up and dressed.) "Good morrow my Lord. What shall we do today. The word is that we are not to march, yet."

[ 05-05-2002, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Old 05-05-2002, 10:55 PM   #147
mistral4543

Isaura

She seats herself quietly in an unobstrusive corner of the local tavern, peering out of her hood furtively. In front of her, a bowl of hot creamy soup sits invitingly on the oak table. All around, raucous laughter mingles with discreet whispers. She reaches out tentatively for the spoon, only to withdraw her hand hurriedly as another stretches for it.

"Mind if I take some of this, dear lady?" ~ The raspy voice grates on her nerves, and she looks towards the intruder, still obscured by her hood and veil. That face! It couldn't be... not in a million years would she have thought she'd see him here, of all places! And yet... was it so unlikely?

Nodding stiffly, she dares not hazard a worded reply ~ He's changed. Almost a skeleton of his old self. ~ True enough, he is now covered in rags and three ugly scars mar his once-handsome face. ~ I wonder what's happened to him? ~ Winces as she hears his muttered curses of a scalded throat.

"That was... most satisfying." ~ He grunts, his eyes suddenly narrowing with a malicious glint ~ "Perhaps you would indulge me further, lady..." ~ With one quick movement, his left hand shoots out to pull down her hood, much to her dismay.

With a burning fury now, she swings out with her dagger and slices his right cheek, screaming as he snarls and grips her left wrist painfully ~ "You ought to control that fiery temper of yours, for you'll pay for it one day." ~ Smirking ominously ~ "Today, to be exact."

Oh, heavens! Can this be happening? Why is no one helping me? Are they on his side?! ~ Her frenzied heartbeat reaches a feverish pulse even as he wrenches the veil off her face. Then she relaxes momentarily as his eyes widen in horror.

"YOU!!!"

[ 05-05-2002, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-05-2002, 11:17 PM   #148
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Damn, damn, damn, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I wanna kill that bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mistral!!! Please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did I let you run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just give the word...and Azure will be by your side soon.

[ 05-05-2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-06-2002, 02:09 AM   #149
mistral4543

OOC>>> [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Fear not, Larry! I'm having too much fun to kill her off so soon... but later, maybe [img]tongue.gif[/img] I just thought I'd go by the OEW style, posting as and when I can, without disrupting the rest of your plots

[ 05-06-2002, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
Old 05-06-2002, 02:44 AM   #150
mistral4543

Isaura

"Unhand me, Tobias." ~ Struggling to steady her voice, she finds her cheek muscles somehow twitching against her will ~ There's going to be a scene, Isaura. Don't you back out now!

Tobias

"You..." ~ His haunted eyes continue to stare right through her in horrid fascination ~ "You remember me..." ~ For you, I have sunk so low! And now you treat me like filth, just as the others have... damn it, woman, I'll not have you of all people do that! ~ Eyes flashing with renewed deadly light ~ "I see you're still as glowing as ever, Isaura." ~ Pronouncing the name slowly, painstakingly ~ "How is life treating you?"

Isaura

"Better than it has treated you, I suspect." ~ Feeling her heartbeat racing in the eerie silence ~ Or am I imagining it? I seem to hear some snickering in the background... ~ "Let go of me."

Tobias

"And why should I?" ~ There is no mistaking the sneer in his voice, yet, momentary anguish flickers in his eyes ~ "No, my dear, Fate has brought us together again and for that, I shall not let you go... at least, until you say 'please'." ~ His jaws set firmly, he grimaces as he hears the jeered whispers surrounding them.
Closed Thread