Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 03:41 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Weeeeell...

after much thought, I just finally broke down and frigg'n did it...I bought BG2. I figured if so many cool BG'ers were willing to try W&W, I could do the same. Thanks to Cloudy, Black Knight, Lord of Alcohol, and several others who have helped influence me! (I may be cursing ya later, though! )

Anyway, I just started it last night. Talk about a blast from the past! I feel like I'm playing AD&D from back in my salad days in 1982.

I'll probably be coming around with some stupid newbie questions later, but I'll definitely be in touch.

Here's hoping for a good gaming experience!

Yours,

Wizards and Warriors Veteran
Baldurs Gate 2 Newbie
Old 05-01-2001, 03:48 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey Saz!

Good investment! BG2 is by far the biggest and best CRPG I've ever played...and I've played lots.

Prepare for your RL to end for awhile. Try to remember to eat once in awhile though...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-01-2001, 04:12 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Congrats!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I hope your family and friends won't mind not seeing you for a few weeks!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-01-2001, 04:19 PM   #4
Rikard

I never thought i would see the day That this man would give up his faith to join ours

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer/Assassin - New and Improved

Old 05-01-2001, 05:27 PM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hey Sazerac, how are you my friend...good I hope.

I clean forgot to reply personally to you in another thread, (they tend to move so fast that I get swamped and forget which is which.) thanks for asking after me...most kind I couldn't get W&W locally over here and so many (personal) things have cropped up lately that it's (very temporarily) on the back burner. I'll get it as soon as...

Back OT

You're old school buddy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely. One tip, don't come here too often. You'll spend more time reading and replying than playing
Just visit when you're really really stuck (a guy like you won't be) or for specific advice. The game is so vast with so much interraction that it's easy to discover (usually unimportant) stuff that sometimes might be best to learn for yourself. I don't mean spoilwise, just little suprises or character interractions that can add great depth to your own gaming experience if learnt first hand.

Anyway, great to have you aboard mate......enjoy yourself and let us know your first impressions.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-01-2001, 05:35 PM   #6
Glycerine
Manshoon

Welcome to BG2 Saz! It is true that the game does make you feel like you are playing old school DnD. There are so many different options and ways to play that I am sure you will be busy for months. WnW was good, but BG2 is just fantastic.

I have three games going currently. Two of these games are at the very end, the third is somewhere in the middle. So far I've tried a Human Mage, Human Paladin, and a Human dual-classed Kensai/Mage. (Very powerful...) I still want to try a straight theif or assassin, a bard, a monk, a cleric, and possibly a druid.

Glycerine
Old 05-03-2001, 12:14 PM   #7
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Hey Saz!

Good investment! BG2 is by far the biggest and best CRPG I've ever played...and I've played lots.

Prepare for your RL to end for awhile. Try to remember to eat once in awhile though...

I love that message on the loading screen "While your character does not have to eat remember that YOU do. We dont want to lose any dedicated players."

------------------
Meet my lawyer.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 01:47 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Caleb: ROFL! Good to see they have a sense of humor!

Wizards and Warriors Veteran
Baldur's Gate 2 Newbie