Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2000, 05:08 PM   #51
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Is it too late to offer my 2cents to this poll? Interesting question to think about ... so here is where I think I stand in the stats department:
Str 8 (I cant carry more than 25 lb bag of groceries)
Int 14 (I'm a college grad, good with computers, a voracious reader, creative designer ... )
Wis 15 (I'm 43, supervise 100 people, advisor to many and mom of 4 kids .. god help me if I don't have wisdom! LOL)
Dex 10 (Does being a good typist count? ;o)
Con 7 (very out of shape)
Cha 13 (I am a recruiter, and a supervisor, and my program is one of the largest in the state ... which it wouldn't be if I wasn't good with people)

Chaotic Good alignment

Good fun this!
Old 11-30-2000, 12:41 AM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting table, that percentile thing, and a good way to look at it. OK, justification of scores:

STR 13 - I can press about 120 lbs. which is what a str of 15 would be but I can't carry it for a prolonged period of time so I'll lower it by 2.
INT 18 - Don't want to blow my own horn about my 18 int but suffice to say my GMAT to get into grad school score was 700-plus - in the top 5%
WIS 8 - because I don't apply my talents, never exercise good judgment about anything, spend all my money like water and can be very naive about things, especially work politics. I'm only 25 and learning very quickly though and i expect this score to increase in the years to come.
DEX 9 - I go clubbing regularly (I don't spend ALL my time on the board believe it or not!) and so I think I'm a pretty good groover. But I'm not a gymnast or anything so I'm average.
CON 13 - I haven't ever had to go to hospital for a serious illness my entire life. If I get the flu or bronchitis it only takes me a day or so to kick it.
CHA 17 - I have a large circle of friends who all like me, always socializing, doesn't mean I'm a stud or anything but I've founded university business clubs where membership started at zero my first year and by the time i graduated 3 years later membership was up to 300. Also I had a lot of job offers where success in the interviews was largely due more to how well I could bullshit my way through them.

End of justification!
Old 11-30-2000, 01:01 AM   #53
Armisael

Neat. I think I'll join in.

DEX: 6
I'm clumsy, I can't dance, I repeatedly trip over myself, I bang my head on door frames, etc.

INT: 9
I did a full humanities course. The only thing I'm much good at academically is writing, and even that's debatable.

WIS: 4
I'm a common sense moron. No, really, I don't know jack.

CHR: 0.3
I won't spell it out. Suffice it to say, a big clumsy tactless guy who's more likely to trip and fall on you than smile that winning smile doesn't make for a very charismatic person. Actually, this was a joke at my own expense, it's probably about two or something.

STR: 15
Ah, here we go. I don't work out, I don't exercise, I don't play sports to stay healthy and I eat the most disgusting food you can imagine. However, by some bizarre twist of fate, I'm a walking tank. Good old genetics.

CON: 17
Well, this is probably a little overdone. You can kick me in the stomach and it'll take a full minute for me to realise it, and even then it won't have hurt much. I've never gotten a serious illness and, despite my poor eating and living habits, I'm fit. Strange but true. I'm not complaining though, if I didn't have these two traits I'd be a geek.

Old 11-30-2000, 01:08 AM   #54
Kore'tha-Konkoror

Am I the only guy on this thread that isn't a kickboxing, kung fu, sexy, genious bastard? Geez! Anyway.

Str 14 ( 15 when I work out, which I will be getting back into soon )
Int 15 ( Think of me as the kid that never showed up to class, didn't study, but still received awards, honors, good ACT score and a modest 3.2 high school and college GPA, with minimal effort. Am 132 IQ, tested )
Wis 8 ( I'm not unwise to the point of being gullible, but I do make bad decisions that show I've still got a lot of livin to do )
Dex 9 ( Not very limber, at all. Could use some yoga and stretching exercises )
Con 13 ( I used to be worse but I only get the flu like once maybe twice a year for the past 4 or 5, I have no allergies or physical ailments or impediments, poison ivy and things like that dont bother me. I'm a pretty healthy guy come to think of it, could stand to lose a pound or two thanx to Dell's awesome gaming rig they sold me. )
Cha 16 ( I'm a very kind, courteous and polite person. I'm pretty good lookin, but thats not my main charm. It's my honest, no bullshi*, friendly tude that wins most over. and if someone does have a prob it's usually because they're an a$$hole or have some hidden problem/jealousy/agenda. I'm like the kid on the sitcom that comes over to the main characters house and charms the mom and wins the dad's approval )

The kung-fu bit up top was just a joke. There's no reason to believe why clubbin people, and bruce lee wannabee people, and kick boxer people, and even genius people wouldn't derive enjoyment from a cool game and some online banter. I too am a studly bastard that knows the ways of the shao-lin art of breaking hard things with my pinky toe.
( Toe-Fu ) get it?

Old 11-30-2000, 01:11 AM   #55
Kore'tha-Konkoror

How come I feel like I just signed the dork guest book? j/k

Old 11-30-2000, 01:13 AM   #56
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Armisael I refuse to believe that your charisma is 0.3, you sound like a big cuddly bear to me (don't take that the wrong way)
Old 11-30-2000, 01:22 AM   #57
Armisael

Ah, if only woman saw me that way.

Old 11-30-2000, 03:17 PM   #58
Glorick the Half-Orc

Interesting...

Str: 16 Well, I bench 265 and I weigh 160... But I think 17 Str would be about a 300 bench.
Int: 15 My IQ is 155 so this one is easy. You people who put 18 are unrealistic, heh. Magna Cum Laudi with BS Degree in Computer Science.
Wis: 17 My strong suit and the reason I am the President of a decent-sized company specializing in Business Process Reengineering.
Dex: 15 I play "Open League" soccer (semi-pro) and I play in 2 softball leagues every summer (fast pitch).
Con: 15 I get sick easily but I can REALLY take a beating. I boxed for 4 years in High School.
Cha: 10 I piss too many people off to have a high Charisma.

BTW, I'm 30.

Old 11-30-2000, 07:07 PM   #59
deathblow

Hell, I'm game.

STR 15
INT 14
WIS 16
DEX 10
CON 10 Had heart surgery back in March (I'm 29). But I'm back to full health.
CHA 12

Old 11-30-2000, 08:40 PM   #60
GideonRaine

well if you read the AD&D manual, itll tell you waht average scores are, the avg scores are the ones that dont give +'s and no -'s

so like 8-14 are considered avg i think, thats overall
unless you've developed your skills (lots of schooling, bodybuilding, gymnastics etc.), they'd all be average stats.

ive seen some of your 'stats' and got quite a laugh at them
heh heh