Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 02:52 PM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Should i turn my Priest over to be an Bishop? He are at level 18 and have most of all priest spells is there any ide to make Bishop of him?
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:06 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you do switch, make sure you have a good amount of healing potions and the such until your bishop goes up in levels (unless you have other back up healers). [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2002, 03:12 PM   #3
Goumindong
Manshoon

why? if he changes to bishop, its not like he will LOSE 18 lv's of Priest.

the 18 Lv's of Priest will suit you fine, and you will still be able to cast all the spells youve learned, and at the same l that you had cast it.

I would expect that you would have to chose a book (not priest) to specialize in. This means that you will only get one book of skills...

It may be better to change into a mage, or alch, or psi

the reason being that if you choose bishop it will take a long time to lv up, and the spells you will be using will mainly priest anyway.

if you change to mage you will still be alble to cast all the priest spells you have, but you will not be able to increase the divine book skill at all (doesnt matter you have all the divine spells you want)

so basicly, choose a book you want to learn a bit in and pick it. (mage would be good for elemental shield and enchanted blade)
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:16 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So if i turn him over to Bishop cant he cast the Priest spell he have from before?
Maby i shall trie PSI!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 03:41 PM   #5
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

As I understood it (have not tried it yet), you cast at the same level of whatever level you are.

So if you're a level 18 Priest, and you convert to a level 1 Bishop, you can only cast to the first sphere - or is that not how it is?
Old 01-06-2002, 04:24 PM   #6
Goumindong
Manshoon

well... your lv 1 bishop could only cast the lv 1 shpere, but youd still have 18 lv's of priest under your belt so you could cast whatever sphere you wanted.

the shpere's are geeen based on three things, the spells base lv, your book skill, and your realm skill.

so if you had a lv 18 priset they should have at least 100 in the divine book and 100 in the divine realm (heal) and alot in water(stamina).

So... you could cast whateer divine skills you had at whatever lv you could have already done ( you would lose the 25% bonus to divine book that the priest gets though).

Now... for spell picking, you would only be able to pick lv 1 spells(as you were picking based on the bishop, not the priest).

this means that the only real neg change is that you will have to wait forever to learn anything but lv 1 or lv 2 spells in the alch/psi/mage/priest books (though you can read a book to learn the spell as you would have sufficient skill)

Now... if you chose a pure caster instead of a bishop, you would again still be able to cast all the spells you know now at the same lv, however, you could never learn any more priest spells(but for books). The upside is that you would gain more proficiency with whatever class you chose, so instead of possibly getting lv 3 spells in mage/psi/alch/priest, you would have a much better chance to get spells of lv 3 or 4 (depeding on how long you play), and a much much larger chance to be able to cast those spells with proficiency(more bubbles as you have will have more condenced skill points)

hope this makes sence...

Overview:
Priest lv 18+ bishop lv 1 = can cast all spells known already at current lv, and cal learn lv 1 spells from alch/prist/mage/psi+ book stuff from priest (rare): will get aerage proficincy in thsoe spells

Priest lv 18 + pure class lv 1 = can cast all spells known already at current lv, and can learn lv 1 spells from the pure class of choise + book stuff from priest: will get avg/good proficiency in those spells

take you pick. Personaly i would go with pure caster as you would get better in that specific area, and because you lv faster, and because you only will only be able to pick 4-6 spells at the most as you pogress (if you end at lv 24 or so)
Old 01-07-2002, 12:48 AM   #7
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

If the Priest changed over to a Bishop, would he/she still be able to Turn Undead and Pray?
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 12:50 AM   #8
Goumindong
Manshoon

he could turn undead, but could not pray, he would however gain the ablity to decurse ppl for free
Old 01-07-2002, 03:57 AM   #9
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

A 3rd option: I turned my level 20 priestess into a lord. And I was amazed by the result.
She was very proficient with the Mace/Flail so she did wonders with a mace in the offhand and a sword in the main hand.

I have just reached level 25 with her (20 priest - 5 lord) and was happily surprised when I saw that she can learn ALL priest spells at that level not just level 1, as a normal level 5 lord.

I also have a Samurai/Mage level 7/18 and an Ninja/Alchemist level 6/18.

In order for this to work you have to plan well in advance, and accept that for 5 levels you spellcasters will not be able to practice their spell casting (They can still cast all the spells they know but their magical skills do not increase with practice untill they reach level 5 of their new class).
Old 01-07-2002, 04:14 PM   #10
KraGorn
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Warhammer:
I have just reached level 25 with her (20 priest - 5 lord) ... I also have a Samurai/Mage level 7/18 and an Ninja/Alchemist level 6/18.

So you started off with a Priest, Mage and Alchemist and then chnaged them all over to their fighting hybrid counterparts after getting level 7 spells, yes? These are therefore equivalent to D&D's fighter mages except that in D&D no-one would sanely dual a mage to a fighter due to lack of spell progression.

Yours is the first posting I've seen which mentions multiple class changes at such a high level, what's the full makeup of this power-team of yours, if I may ask? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: KraGorn ]