Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Server is down so I can't get exact specs right now, but I will say that I have a new Arcane Archer, who, at level 27 has an AB of 58, unbuffed. She hits what she aims at...which was sadly lacking when she hit level 20. I'll get the details on her current stats when I can log in, but I think she's going to be a real killer. Her ac with the bow equipped is 60+, so she's not exactly an easy target either.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

What I saw of her before I dropped out Rob was impressive. She was getting hits of @105! @ level 20! But what really impressed was the AC, though my monk was taking some of the heat I never thought an arcane archer would withstand so much close combat. As a team character arcane archers seem fun and playable but I thought they would suck solo. I shall give one a go soon [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:45 AM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Rob. Hopefully i can catch you one when im with my AA. He is very similar me thinks.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #4
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

I have a quick question, how are you able to get the AB and AC so high? I am thinking I am not choosing the right feats or skills or maybe even the right starting stats. My level 20 half orc barbarian only has an AB in the mid thirties (if I remember correctly) and that is with a +10 greataxe!
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

For AA's, it's pretty easy to get both high, since both depend on Dex. The archer in question started with a dex of 19, I was going to go 20, but I needed some charisma points for her spells, Bard/AA. AA's get insane weapon bonuses though, and while she was rather pathetic at her first run through in the Proving Grounds, she was also only lvl 19...Meg and I did manage to kill 4 or 5 of them though, including the one her familiar killed.
My AA is using the Elven Court Bow of Speed, +8, which is actually +9...but with all bonuses, her dex was 40 when I crashed the server...The goal is to see how high I can get her BAB, and she's on a 70+ track right now. As for the damage, Sparking Arrows rule, and with her hitting like she does, I was not ashamed to spend 5 million gold stocking up on them.... [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Let's just say that the AB of AA enhancement bonus and weapons enhancement bonus stack. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So a +5 bow in the hands of an arcane archer of level ten gives +10 AB without feats and dex. Add this to the +10 AB you have from arcane archer and at least +5 from mage classes, and you have +20 at level 20 AT LEAST. +25 if your weapon is +5, +30 with dex 20, +31-39 if you took something else than mage levels.

The damage for magical equipment stacks as well, so a +5 arrow does +10 damage.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have tried Arcane Archer but it's never worked well for me.

Seems I didn't understand its possibilities. Especially as there are rumours of a major bow on offer from the DPG that might help even more with AB.

What's best with the AA build? To go for Strength and Dev Crit or for Dex and an AC/AB mix?

I still have this preference for well armoured characters that can lay frequent Dev Crits about but I'm willing to consider other possibilities.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

TDC posted a Dev Crit build for AA's some time ago, and I tried it. The AB wasn't up there like this one though. The ab/ac build is better for me, I think, but I went with 30 AA, and 10 Bard, trying to get it as high as possible. She was lvl 37, with a 70 ab, and 68 ac when I logged out this afternoon.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I played an AA in mp a while back. Maybe I should rebuild her.......
Old 09-15-2006, 02:24 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The final results are in: 76 ab, with the Ranger reward from the Proving grounds. She hits everything but the Green in the tower consistently, and she hits it about 95%. I'll post up a screen of her final stats tomorrow. she's bad...uh huh... [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]