Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 06:27 PM   #81
Pangur Ban

Pangur is happy !!

Out with the old i740/Voodoo2, in the with the new GeForce2 MX Prophet. I didn't have to re-install, WW detected the new card at once. No running problems, no problems in town, and no green tinted dungeons !!

In hope that the info is helpful to others, the driver set I am using is

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 07:31 PM   #82
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

COOL!!!

Thanks for the information, Pangur Ban! I was waiting to see what happened with that particular information.

(making a note for when Sazerac is going to eventually get his new computer )

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 11:41 PM   #83
nelson836
Welcomed New User

I have gone through a lot of posts on this board pertaining to problems with graphical glitches and other anomalities in windows 2000 but most of what I am seeing doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether or not people are running in software rendering mode or hardware mode. I want to be able to go hardware d3d because I want the resolution to run at 1024 x 768 instead of the mandatory 640x480 in software mode.
I am currently using a Voodoo 5 5500 and I have tried the origianl drivers all well as the X3dfX release and the last official WHQL release but I get a completely garbled screen when trying to do d3d hardware rendering even at the opening screen of the game.
Does anyone have any idea (other than the fact that I am running Win2k) as to why this could be happening?
Any help would be much appreciated and I can be found at my e-mail address or ICQ#2012666
nelson836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 03:32 PM   #84
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

bump
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 05:14 AM   #85
Smokingun63
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I feel rather embarrassed to post my question here after reading through most of the posts, because I just play games, dont have some awesome system or tech knowledge. Here goes, when the game loads from one place to another, all that stuff goes into my c drive which has very limited space. So, after about 5 different loads I get a message that Im running out of room in my c drive. Is there any way to get all that loading to take place in d drive?
Smokingun63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 07:31 PM   #86
The_Enchanter_Tim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

back to the sound problem.

I've played without any voiceovers in the game. I'm not sure what is supose to have sound, but I do have one example.

when I entered the thief's guild for the first time I was suprised by a low, rumbling chuckle that (I suppose) came from the shopkeeper. That was the only sound I've ever heard in the game inside town. All outside sound effects work, and I get the Narrator all the time at plotpoints.

Recently, when I ran into the Naga for the second time around, She hissed at me once, I heard a click and no speech. That was when the only non-mute shopkeeper stopped chuckling.

Am i missing something here? I always assumed that they did not have voices... but now I wonder.

The_Enchanter_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 07:35 PM   #87
vlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tim:

I don't have any sound except the occasional snicker from a shopkeeper and the walking/attacking sounds. May be a manifestation of the same problem. I am running Win2K. If you find anything else please let me know.

Thanx
Vlad

Pain is life's way of letting you know you are still alive. Death is life's way of telling you to slow down.
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 07:56 PM   #88
The_Enchanter_Tim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was running Win95, then upgraded to Win98, I'm going to wait 6 more years before I upgrade to 2000, why rush things.

My snicker went away. But I get all combat, walking, runing (panting) and the Narrator's stating the obvious at plotpoints. Like I said, no intown. I am running off of a on-board SB "equivilent" audio. but I only have problems with this one game and only at one point in the game. Is there any sound fix in the patch? Is there a walk around for sound? Am I going selectively deaf to this game, like I have with my parent's voices?
The_Enchanter_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:46 AM   #89
entrails
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope my 8/5 wizard/warlock has never got more than 1hp a lvl.
entrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 04:37 PM   #90
scalawag
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I recieve the error message deep6: malloc error when I select play from the first option menu. The game freezes. I have un and re-installed a few times and it always happens. My system:
Athlon 1.2 Ghz
30 gig HD
directx8
s3graphics prosavage vid
256 MB RAM
Have you seen or heard of this? The tech phone line didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
scalawag is offline   Reply With Quote