Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
DDTberg

How do you i restart the game?
I've been playing and i've tried to start from scratch by deleting the saved game files, but that doesn't work. What do i do to restart the whole thing?
Old 02-08-2001, 12:47 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Go to any village, click on the computer (options) icon in the lower left of the screen, and then choose "Reset Adventures". This will start you over from scratch in Valeia.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 12:54 AM   #3
DDTberg

ack i can't believe it was that easy
thx
Old 02-08-2001, 12:55 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just remembered...you need to click on the "Valeia" icon on the left side of the screen before doing this, else your characters, on exiting the inn in Brimloch Roon or Ishad N'ha, will be greeted by Gareth and his little intro speech in those towns!

-Sazerac
Old 02-08-2001, 01:54 PM   #5
carg
The Magister

Why do you have to go to a village for that Saz?
And I never succeeded in getting new chars to pop up anywhere else than in Valeia; in my (patched) game the create character button is only available in the Valeia inn.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 03:41 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm...probably because I'm playing without the patch. Actually, you can only create new characters in Valeia. However, if I am outside of a village and try to "Reset Adventures", the option is greyed out. It has something to do with the fact that you're carrying necessary quest items, which apparently you can only reset in a village.

The bit about Gareth popping up in Brimloch Roon was when I reset my adventures there, then forgot to switch to Valeia with my old team; they exited the Inn in Brimloch Roon, and there's Gareth, against the shoreline, spouting off about the Tomb of Nivius. LOL!

-Sazerac
Old 02-08-2001, 04:12 PM   #7
carg
The Magister

Right; I never tried restarting with old characters; thought I might give them a well-deserved pension, with here and there a guest-appearance.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote