Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2002, 07:24 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Well, after reading the books behind the heroes of Icewind Dale IŽmm inclined to say that we need a game solely about the damned Drizit!!
But since that probally wonŽt happen IŽd really like the same little thing I picked up to the original BGToSC.
A cute little package named Drizzt complete with sound, weapons and all...and IŽd be settled for playing Drizzt through BGToSC.

*Does a similar package exist to BG2ToB?
*Can he be downloaded as an NPC if the above canŽt be accomplished?
*What about Elminster, now IŽm pressing my luck

From a most gratefull user of the IRONWORKS...

On Friday I go to NY...Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e!
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:34 AM   #2
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk:
On Friday I go to NY...Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e!
Don't forget to send all of us a post card [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2002, 06:50 AM   #3
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

The package you seak is the same for BG1. Once you have beaten BG1TotSC you can import the game in BG2 and have the same stuff. If that doesnt work look for the sound, picture, and action packages in the BG1 folders and move them to the BG2 folders, that worked for me.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:14 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Coool....I just made C: format C: so NO original BG1 folder, where can i download drizzt again

IŽll check the boards from usa
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 07-09-2002, 07:32 AM   #5
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

Go to the TGweb BG1 page and look under downloads or patches I think, it might be under cheats I cant remember. But its under there some where.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:37 AM   #6
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Ooooh, what happens when Drizzt meets Drizzt? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2002, 12:18 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
Ooooh, what happens when Drizzt meets Drizzt? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Each pretends to be the other's reflection, and do a really slow, I Love Lucy-esqe pantomime where each Drizzt copies the other until one of them drops his scimitar on his toe.
Old 07-14-2002, 06:58 PM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

As for the game based on Drizzt try and get your hands on a game called Menzoberranzan (and yup for those of you who haven't read any of the salvatore books Menzoberranzan is Drizzt's city). Drizzt is a playable character in it who you get in your party near the start of the game

The game is getting quite old now, and it is similar in style to games such as eye of the beholder and Daggerfall.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 04:30 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I don't know.. Am I the only one sick of Drizzt and Elminster? I think their cameo appearances in the BG games were enough, and if you use them too much they lose their appeal. With all the books on Drizzt, his mystique has been destroyed and he's more or less become cliched. Same with Elminster. I think it would sort of tear them to shreds and burn the ashes if they devoted a GAME to them... Does anyone else in the universe think like me? Or will I be burned for suggesting such things?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

NO....we're not gonna burn you as the heretic you are, but I think that many people love Drizzt and Elm so much. I like Elm, but Drizzt is a much more complexe character and the battles he faces are much greater than Elm's...I mean the personal battles, NOTHING can compare to the battle between Elminster and the demon in the book "Elminster in Hell".

I'm currently in Pensylvania and I'll go back to NY tomorrow and I'll be back in front of the game Aug. 6th...the day LoTR hits the videostores worldwide

Sparhawk loves everybody and really wants to finish this game

BtW Kelsey rock's and Cernd doesn't

"Unleash the Casey!"