Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2003, 12:49 PM   #11
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Try lying flat on the floor with your feet up on achair or couch ,if you have trouble sleeping try bringing your knee or knees up toward your chest it relieves the pressure on the siatic nerve,its helped me get rid of the pain till I got to the chiropractor..Hope you feel better soon...
Old 08-22-2003, 08:47 AM   #12
AliCat
Drow Warrior

As it is Friday and you are probably already at the doctor, it's a little late to give suggestions, BUT...

Try lying on a cold gel pack (it's rather hard to lie on a pack of ice cubes, but if that's all you got, lie in a position where you can drape the bag of ice over the sore area) to help reduce pain and inflammation. I'd suggest not using ice for any longer than 20 minutes at a time, for risk of skin damage. The cold will penetrate more if you wrap the ice or gel pack in a wet washcloth.

Antiinflammatories are a good thing, if you can tolerate them. Don't overdose.

If the pain is still very bad, you might not be able to tolerate massage. Otherwise, it can be helpful for relaxing spasming muscles and for getting the lactic acid moving out.

If you can tolerate, try some gentle stretching, such as lying on your back and bringing one or both knees up to your chest. Alterately, try lying on your belly and propping up on your elbows.

If any activity causes pain or numbness to go down your legs, stop what you are doing immediately and return to a position either pain-free or that moves the pain from your legs back into your back (yes, that's better).

Now go see your doctor and then go see a physical therapist so you can learn how not to do this next time!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:29 AM   #13
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by robo donkey:
Massage? Good idea, although it would depend on the person massaging you................
True. But i have a good looking sister. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
She is something like Viconia when it comes to certain things. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 11:33 AM   #14
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by robo donkey:
Massage? Good idea, although it would depend on the person massaging you................
If you can find a good CMT (certified massage therapist) they can do wonders for a bad back [img]smile.gif[/img] When my back gets tweaky I am so happy to be dating a CMT with 10 years experience [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #15
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
True. But i have a good looking sister. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
She is something like Viconia when it comes to certain things. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
why dont u introduce her to me?
Old 08-22-2003, 12:40 PM   #16
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
why dont u introduce her to me? [/QUOTE]Sure but i must come to Indonesia...
Old 08-22-2003, 01:00 PM   #17
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

What does it feel like?

If it is a pinched nerve or strained muscle it will go away in a week or two just take things easy. I once bent over and when I stood up it was like I was hit by lightning and I could not move or even breath for a few seconds (pinched a nerve in my lower back), affects the entire body the moment it happens. Then when it passed every step I took was painful. I took it easy and after about 3 or 4 days I went to the gym to work out. I was not 100% but took things slow and easy. Then on the 5 or 6 day I could not even feel it anymore.

It had to be the most painful thing I have ever felt.

[ 08-22-2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 08-22-2003, 01:14 PM   #18
BaRoN NiGhT

i also one time had my upper leg's muscle strecthed hardly.i was trying to kick very high at my taekwondo school.it hurts a lot and i mean a lot.and it takes about 1 month to recover.