Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 08:12 AM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Can someone just let me know what the possible bhaalspawn (end of chapter bonus) abilites are? Am I right in thinking that it's reputation based... with a consistently high rep I've ended with the following - 2x Cure Light Wounds, 2x Slow Poison, 2x Draw upon Holy Might.

I'm also sure that the first two are replaced by Larlocks Minor Drain with a low rep, what about the others?
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

If you have a consistently low rep you'll get 2x Larloch's Minor Drain, 2x Horror, and 2x Vampiric Touch.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 09:39 AM   #3
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks - I like the idea of a mixed bunch of them (Horror is certainly better than Slow Poison) but it's just far too difficult to play with and keep a low enough reputation...
Old 02-15-2002, 01:27 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

Slow poison can be a life saver, and IMPO is better than Horror, as your Mage can learn that at a low level!! In Cloakwood, it helps to have Slow Poison!
Old 02-15-2002, 08:11 PM   #5
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

When you finnish the game and it saves your Character as char1 start playing with this char(Not apreviously saved char). And you will then get the alternative bhaalspawn powers.

I was playing through as a paladin and got 2x Cure Light Wounds, 2x Slow Poison, 2x Draw upon Holy Might.

when I loaded my char1 and played again(I had High reputation) I got the other powers at the dreams instead 2x Larloch's Minor Drain, 2x Horror, and 2x Vampiric Touch.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 01:48 PM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

What got me thinking about this was that I'm going to export the character to BG2 (he's a CN Elf Thief BTW). When I played BG2 previously the abilities seemed randomly assigned (on a new char).

I was going to use Shadowkeeper to change them, but interestingly Horror isn't available as an innate ability. Any thoughts?

I like Horror as it's useful for a Thief to get out of tight spots...
Old 02-16-2002, 05:54 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Well When I Played With My Cleric, I CONSTANTLY Got A High Rep. BUT, At The End I Had A Mix Of The Good AND Bad Abilities! 2x Cure Light Wounds, 2x Draw Upon Holy Might And 2x Vampiric Touch!!
Old 02-16-2002, 07:05 PM   #8
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Which abilities you get depends on your rep at the time of the dream. I forget now what the cutoff is for rep being bad, but I would expect it is the first thing below average (9? 8?)

average or higher rep:

Cure Light
Cure Light
Slow Poison
Slow Poison
Draw Upon Holy Might
Draw Upon Holy Might

below average rep:

Larloch's Minor Drain
Larloch's Minor Drain
Horror
Horror
Vampiric Touch
Vampiric Touch

CHAPTER 6 SPOILERS:
I think the last two special abilities are conferred in chapter six after the rep has plummeted because of events at Candlekeep and the party is 'disliked'. I know my party had 17 rep in chapter 6 and it dropped to whatever it is that would give the main character Vampiric Touch, and rep remained low thereafter (I never bothered to raise it--I had pretty much every tiem I needed and a pile of money). I guess you can avoid that if upon emerging from Candlekeep going right to a temple and buying your rep back if you prefer to get Draw Upon Holy Might. But Vampiric Touch is actually a great spell, I prefer that one.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]

Old 02-16-2002, 07:13 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Prefer The Vampiric Touch Too! That Is Actually A Kick Ass Spell! Very Handy!! How Much Does Your Rep Go Down In Candlekeep?
Old 02-16-2002, 07:31 PM   #10
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, my rep was 17 and I ended up getting Vampiric Touch, which I think means it must have dropped to at least 8... It's a lot. I should say though that in one version of the game where I did not take on a particular fight my rep somehow remained intact. But I think that may have been a bug. I think the game is scripted for your rep to drop.