Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
no_meagus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have the shaft of the shadow thief gesen bow and i need to know where the string is i hope there are only two parts to it
no_meagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:47 AM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

One bit is found in the bridge district in the tanners house and the other is found in Bodhi's Gauntlet in a room with three clay golems. I can't remember which bit is found where though.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Is that in the...SPOILER
....dungeon beneath tha graveyard district or on the asulym island
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Room in Bodhi's Gauntlet under Spellhold.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:41 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Then you have to wait for ever to use it. I like how they manged to put all the other pieces after spellhold or in it. So you would have to wait to use anything. I know I know it is there for game balance

[ 09-04-2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 10-03-2002, 02:15 AM   #6
Gorion
Welcomed New User

You have to ask yourself is the Gesen bow worth the trouble. I only use it because it has the ability to hit most things, although it does poor damage. What we really need is a KICK ASS crossbow.
Gorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:58 AM   #7
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gorion:
You have to ask yourself is the Gesen bow worth the trouble. I only use it because it has the ability to hit most things, although it does poor damage. What we really need is a KICK ASS crossbow.
TOB SPOILER
The Fire Tooth Crossbow, available for sale just outside Watcher's Keep.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:13 AM   #8
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

okay i hope people are going to read this cause after reading through all that u gave my head a rightoes butt-kicking. How many strings do u need exactly? oh yeah if no one said it i think theres a string in the pirates house near the asylum.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:40 AM   #9
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin Al'Thor:
okay i hope people are going to read this cause after reading through all that u gave my head a rightoes butt-kicking. How many strings do u need exactly? oh yeah if no one said it i think theres a string in the pirates house near the asylum.
There are two bow strings in the game (assuming ToB is installed). One is the gesen string (beneath the asylum), the other is ToB only so I wont mention it here. Cant jsut use any old piece of rope to power an artifact like this you know.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:51 AM   #10
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

*******minor spoilers*******

i wouldn't have listened to this piece of advice my 1st time through the game, so i don't expcet you to, but.... Don't waste your money of the Gesen Bow. Get Tansheron's Bow or just find the best short bow you can and shoot arrows of piercing. Save your money for other weapons, and high level spells, ive been all the way through throne of bhaal and let me tell you money does become an issue. I spent every penny i had on every spell i could buy and on Ribald's supposed special wares, which are also for the most part crap and i was hurting for money which u need desparately in ToB. Anyway if you want to know what to buy and forge, and what NOT to buy and forge just ask and im sure people will let you know their opinions.