Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2003, 11:29 AM   #21
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

They bought it from eBay.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #22
MagiK

I am amazed at all the serious response to what appears to have been a rather blase joke [img]smile.gif[/img]

It is quite obvious that if Jesus was born in the middleeast, that he would have the look of those who inhabit that region.

Jesus would not have been caucasian, and he would not have been black, he would have been somewhat arabic...sheesh,,,unless you follow the Life of Brian..in which case he might have been Roman...son of Bigus....errr well I don't want to offend here so Ill leave off the sur-name.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:57 AM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, how about the African Studies Idea that Cleopatra was Black? Of course, she was of Greek descent (Ptolemaic Dynasty-Ptolemy was one of Alexander's generals), and was described as a redhead to boot.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:29 PM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
i read an article in the newspaper before.. they say they were able to recreate the image of jesus based on his DNA and computer reanimation (something like that). when it was published. my catholic community here went crazy when the newspaper published it since "jesus" looked like a caveman back at the stone ages.. anyone remember that.. i know that was published worldwide.
Yeah, just found the link to that story *and pic*
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcfa.htm

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-04-2003, 01:07 PM   #25
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

I like the part that says,
"Yeshua ben Nazereth (a.k.a. Jesus Christ)"
It makes Him sound like a rapper,
So it wasn't what Jesus looked like, but what the people of his time looked like, so they didnt need his DNA i see...
I totally forgot about the Shroud of Turin which is supposed to show his features as well...
Hmmn a religious debate all because of some Jesus jokes...argh i feel old...
Old 05-04-2003, 01:39 PM   #26
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, there are many "black" jews. IIRC, Sammy Davis Junior was jewish as are the Falashas.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 05-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #27
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Weren't they the Ethiopian Jews that were persecuted and were brought into Israel? I've always thought that was damned fine of the Israelis. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 02:04 PM   #28
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Everyone that claims he looked either this or that based on the little we know probably just want to "claim him for himself".
For the same reason, we tend to make God in our image, and then tell ourselves it's the other way around and he made us in his image.

If Jesus *could have been* (and like was) not white, is it not also true that God could look and think more like a Dolphin or a dog?
Old 05-04-2003, 02:10 PM   #29
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
If Jesus *could have been* (and like was) not white, is it not also true that God could look and think more like a Dolphin or a dog?
Except the fact that man was made in Gods image, not Dolphin.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:24 PM   #30
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Actually, some guy wrote down in an ancient text the oral histories and myths that had been passed on for generations in a group of nomadic peoples who developed monotheism when the sect which worshipped the Mountain God Jahweh gained prominance over their other sects, some of which worshipped river gods and forest gods. I remember from religion class that you can find some remaining references to these other gods in the Old Testament.

Anyway, if you trust that those ancient people didn't succumb to the same thought patterns that make people in the USA paint Jesus as a white man, then feel free to believe that some "god" made us in his image. Me, I am dubious.