Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
Sai'Ann
Welcomed New User

After the fight with Revered brother Palequin beyond the palace, after the movie, when I arrive in EastHaven again, standing in front of the crystal tower, the game is unpaused (i.e. my party begins to complain of boredom) but I have no interface. All of my controls are locked up as when Palequin begins his dimension door. Can someone help? I have installed the most recent patch. I own the discs. I am very frustrated.

Thanks
Sai'Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
Midget Gems

Sai'Ann, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this part of the game but it is quite a common bug and well documented on this forum and (I think) at the Interplay site. I have exactly the same problem with my copy of the game.

First of all I would suggest you try to repeat the fight a couple of times and see if you get lucky, because there is a random element to the problem. Then you could do a search here on the forum for this problem - there is a solution posted, but it's a bit radical - deleting files and such like.

Edit: Or try here www.interplay.com/support/product.asp?gameid=24#11

Good luck and welcome to the forum

[ 07-05-2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Midget Gems ]
Old 07-05-2003, 08:20 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try emptying out the contents of your cache, temp and temp save folders.

I'm positive that I have seen this problem (and the solution - if the above doesn't work) posted both in this forum and the interplay forums. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 11:12 PM   #4
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Lol, I had the same problem; drove me CRAZY. I just restarted my comp. and tried it over again. Don't do anything drastic yet, just keep kicking Poquelins's buttocks and wait and see [img]smile.gif[/img]